Does this bar make my saw look big ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to this thread's title, I think you should have put that bar on a 441 as they already have a fat bottom. It would be like tight white pants on a 300 +pound gal. Seriously, I bet that chain just cannot get a big enough bite to cut well with that powerhead.

According to this thread's title, I think you should have put that bar on a 441 as they already have a fat bottom. It would be like tight white pants on a 300 +pound gal. Seriously, I bet that chain just cannot get a big enough bite to cut well with that powerhead.
May have to try it on the 441 now
Thansk

Looks like a semi chisel 'seasoned wood cuts a lot slower than green for sure.

Tweak it out like a thinning saw and see what she's got. Husquvarna made the best saws for that. Actually
the 044 was the closest stihl had but the bottom ends would go. Every
one used 266 on the coast and by fall the 044 carb would freeze up.
Yeah man, I used to run 266 with
272 top with 16 in display, driving the hills,drop the rakers 5 times, 'blasting' them of the ridges. that saw coudn't be beat.

My boss runs his 372xp with a 20", I run the same saw with a 32". Yea, his bar makes his saw look bigger than mine, also I think he tweaked it a little, its way louder and more powerful, I think we sould trade bars.

It actually cuts faster with the square ground .404 on the 32 inch bar than the 16 inch picco semi chisel green safety chain ,i think the 026 and the hybrid times are not too far apart with this same setup cutting those punky fir rounds .Hybrid still sounds like it is cutting faster though .

Right..we got to pay attention to detail In this case its ALL about the chain. Sometimes people upgrade to a bigger saw and are dissatisfied that the smaller one may be faster
but they are cutting 8 in trees.
The bigger saw holds no real advantages providing the wood isn't big enough to slow the small saw and ofter the little one has a speed advantage.

Right..we got to pay attention to detail In this case its ALL about the chain. Sometimes people upgrade to a bigger saw and are dissatisfied that the smaller one may be faster
but they are cutting 8 in trees.
The bigger saw holds no real advantages providing the wood isn't big enough to slow the small saw and ofter the little on has a speed advantage.
So what you are saying ,is with this bar and chain the 026 may whoop up on the 660 in 50cc sized wood ?

Turn the H needle in about 1/2 turn for each bar size AND pitch that you drop to get better power from a big saw with a baby bar :)
Adding a west coast clutch cover, HD2 filter and full or 3/4 wrap handle allows you to turn it back out about 1/4 turn for each.
Dave

ATTENTION NEWBIES - this is total BS, do NOT do this to your saw

So what you are saying ,is with this bar and chain the 026 may whoop up on the 660 in 50cc sized wood ?
What i'm saying is…
The angle of the dangle is equeal to the mass of the azz providing and only providing the heat of the meat is constant.

Newbie 's DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME

:ices_rofl: So funny! :ices_rofl:

This thread is so refreshing compared to other ones where operators moan about a few grams of weight comparing saws in the same cc class! :)

I am clearing bushes again with my "too heavy for its power" Dolmar PS-6400 with 20" bar, does it well too. ;)
A shorter bar would be nice though!

No more need for the 026 then I guess, sell it for parts! :lol:

Back