Doing nothing with your saws also?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just wondering who else is sitting on there azz doing nothing because of an injury with 7 to 10 inches of snow on its way?Wed. I had alittle arthroscopy on my knee and can't do any wood cutting for awhile:(

Sorry to hear that,..definitely not me as this is the busiest time of year in these parts, ground frozen hard and nice working temps, got ten on the truck now and just heading out again.

Pioneerguy600

That stinks. How long are you down for? What kind of rehabilitation are you looking at?
Well I am walking alittle now and doing execises a half hour twice a day.Will be out of work for a couple weeks atleast.I drive a short bus so I will get back to work sooner than someone doing more manual work or standinding.Might as well show you all a pick of my doctors handy work:hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hopefully you recover fast woodyman. I broke my fibula three weeks ago so I haven't been able to do too much. The good is I do computer programming out of my house for my day job so I've been able to continue doing that.

Hopefully you recover fast woodyman. I broke my fibula three weeks ago so I haven't been able to do too much. The good is I do computer programming out of my house for my day job so I've been able to continue doing that.

:taped: Ouch! I wish you and Woodyman a speedy recovery!

Put the ice pack on my knee sat down in the recliner and dozzed off for awhile.That wood heat will do that to a person.Looks like I won't be laided up as long as some of you as of now.I got enough wood split and stacked for three winters but would sure like to split and stack the 8 cords I have on the ground.A saw project would be a good idea about now,I am starting to get alittle restless.I do have a camera full of chainsaw and woods pics I can start threads with:givebeer:Almost forgot I can drink beer now.

I've been there, it sucks to sit and think about cutting. Though it keeps ya going at the same time so you can recover and go cut. Hope ya heal up fast;)

I have had surgery on both my knees (torn meniscus) and walked out of the hospital and was back to work the next day. I was back to running within three weeks each time.

Have a younger friend who played football in college and had arthroscopic knee surgery and didn't miss a game. Back when I was in school they opened you up and you were laid out for several months.

Last time I had it done they didn't even stitch up the holes.

Woody I know where your coming from I was laid up near this time last year with a shoulder surgery. It sucks but finally its getting to the point where its pretty much all good and hope you end up that way as well.

After a couple weeks I was out in the shop tinkering with saws anyway, even if I couldnt start one by myself. LOL

Between that and therapy 3 times a week I was fine with it.

I have had surgery on both my knees (torn meniscus) and walked out of the hospital and was back to work the next day. I was back to running within three weeks each time.

Have a younger friend who played football in college and had arthroscopic knee surgery and didn't miss a game. Back when I was in school they opened you up and you were laid out for several months.

Last time I had it done they didn't even stitch up the holes.
Its been 2 days sense surgery,I walked out of therapy yesterday but today the knee is very stiff.Been trying to bend it as much as possible and doing exercises.I had torn and ripped meniscus and some things floating around in there and he shaved some stuff down.I have been having trouble for the last year and a half.First they thought it was sprained the they said I had arthritis then I got rid of my retarded doctor got another and an MRI which showed the damage.Thanks all for your comments and interest.

Its been 2 days sense surgery,I walked out of therapy yesterday but today the knee is very stiff.Been trying to bend it as much as possible and doing exercises.I had torn and ripped meniscus and some things floating around in there and he shaved some stuff down.I have been having trouble for the last year and a half.First they thought it was sprained the they said I had arthritis then I got rid of my retarded doctor got another and an MRI which showed the damage.Thanks all for your comments and interest.

Sounds a lot like what happened to me. But my knee got so much better, the surgery and recovery was absolutely worth it.

Try to enjoy your down time. I'll bet it's shorter than you expect.

Latest posts

Back