Dol-kita oil pump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atlarge54

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I'm in the process of a 64cc to 79cc conversion and the clutch area is where all the chain oil seems to be winding up. I've got the pump off. The gears look pretty good but the lines are crap. Besides new lines (the old ones are black) is there anything else that should be done? Sure seems like the pump should at least have a nipple on the output side of the pump. Is a seal kit available for the pump itself? The adjuster has less than 1/4 turn of adjustment, does the adjuster really make much difference?

I'm kind of a chain saw novice so take this with a grain of salt--this dolkita doesn't seem to have the build quality of the homeowner model Stihls I got rid of--particularly the amount of trash that is getting in the clutch area. To be fair it's an old HD rental so she's probably seen a little abuse.

I just milled up some pine with my BB'd Dolmar, and the oiler more than kept up wearing a 36" bar. I'm thinking that the oiler is sort of made to be over-fat with short bars, and adequate with long ones. I'm not sure the adjust is anything worth writing home about, but I am very pleased with build quality.

I found with mine that the surface behind the bar plate was a little rough, so percentage of the oil would leak between the plate and the case before getting to the bar. I cleaned the area as best I could and put a tiny bead of RTV gasket around the oil slot. Just a little bit, don't want to make it impossible to get the plate off in the future. Seemed to help mine, might do for yours if it has the same issue.

Jack

I'm in the process of a 64cc to 79cc conversion and the clutch area is where all the chain oil seems to be winding up. I've got the pump off. The gears look pretty good but the lines are crap. Besides new lines (the old ones are black) is there anything else that should be done?
[snip]

Change the lines !

The black ones have been superseded by an upgraded version (green ones) that don't leak.

{edit} pt. # 038 245 061

Last edited:
I agree with tdi-rick, changing the lines worked for me. Didn't get the updated green line, but new black one worked. I also did as others had recommended and put a small washer behind the line where the pump sits on it to get a tighter fit.

Mark

The new lines (green) are made from a shrink resistant material to better keep the pressure between the connection points.

I just rebuilt the oil pump and replaced the old lines with new updated green ones. Works and oils perfectly, do it all when you tear it down, parts are pretty cheap.

next for me is the 79cc upgrade :):)

Latest posts

Back