Dolmar 115 oil pump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

droptopjim

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I got a used dolmar 115 for 40 bucks used, the thing had fuel left in it for a couple years, and the lines were rotted, excellent piston, great runner after replacing the fuel lines and filter and cleaning it. heres my concern, the oil pump dont work, and the piston has a stripped plastic gear. I was looking at the ipl, and it shows 2 oil pumps, mine is the older of the 2, can i just get the repair kit for the newer pump and convert to that style, or should i just try to buy the newer oil pump. this saw is a 1994 model. looks like there is a metal gear cuuently pressed onto the crankshaft that would have to be removed to do this?

I got a used dolmar 115 for 40 bucks used, the thing had fuel left in it for a couple years, and the lines were rotted, excellent piston, great runner after replacing the fuel lines and filter and cleaning it. heres my concern, the oil pump dont work, and the piston has a stripped plastic gear. I was looking at the ipl, and it shows 2 oil pumps, mine is the older of the 2, can i just get the repair kit for the newer pump and convert to that style, or should i just try to buy the newer oil pump. this saw is a 1994 model. looks like there is a metal gear cuuently pressed onto the crankshaft that would have to be removed to do this?

it shouldn't have to be removed ill see what i can find you parts wise

Back