Dolmar 120 or 120 Super???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gink595

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I found a 120 Super so I'm told but after looking at it on Acres the 120 Super actually says Super on teh clutch and starter covers. So does anyone have a picture of a 120? Do they look like a 120 Super appearance wise?

Also how good are these saws, are they a decent saw? I've done some reading on them in the search but everyone seems to be talking about hte 120si.

What would be a good price for one that is in decent shape?

I found a 120 Super so I'm told but after looking at it on Acres the 120 Super actually says Super on teh clutch and starter covers. So does anyone have a picture of a 120? Do they look like a 120 Super appearance wise?

Also how good are these saws, are they a decent saw? I've done some reading on them in the search but everyone seems to be talking about hte 120si.

Any Pic's?????

120 was a 3.7ci mag tank saw
120 super is a 4.1ci plastic tank saw with a primer and choke system
120si is a 4.1ci with beefed up cases injection carburator heavier chain brake band etc.

Scott

120super has a primer bulb ..........120si has no primer and has an injector for starting ....

regular 120 in not real hot ...

120s and 120si are great saws

Last edited:
The 120 may not be very impressive in stock form, but port it a little and open the muffler up and it can hold its own very well.
The 120 only has a "120" on the starter. The 120Si and 120Super have "Si" or "Super" in addition to the "120" on the cover.

Cool, good to know!!! I will have to post pics later, my work has Craigslist blocked:censored:. Is the Super a decent saw?

Basically the same as the "Si" just slightly less reinforced case and a regular carb with a primer bulb on the fuel tank.

The Super and Si were are still very sought after by some people. They make excellent firewood saws.

Is 180.00 to much for this saw. It looks to be in good condition from the pics. I have no idea about compression. But assuming it is okay is it worth it?

super vs si

Basically the same as the "Si" just slightly less reinforced case and a regular carb with a primer bulb on the fuel tank.

The Super and Si were are still very sought after by some people. They make excellent firewood saws.

different porting and different ignition

scott

120si is a awesome 68cc saw.

Sure is. I hate to part with mine as it's been the best saw I've owned reliability wise. Down in the Trading post at the moment but won't be too sad if she doesn't sell. :cheers:

Gink that looks like a regular 120 to me and not a super? :cheers:

Steve!!!!! How are ya?? Hope is everything is well with you and the family. I think it is just a 120 also, I'm not that interested but thought if it might be a good deal I would be. So the 120 aren't that great huh?? But I did pick up a hot little 5100:clap:

Hey, Indy round is in a couple more weeks, and Stoner is out for the next 3 weeks, kinda sucks but is ultimatly good for Rossi, but does take away from some good racing.

Latest posts

Back