Dolmar 120super- Mods anyone?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cnlpar

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Got a 120s runs great. was wondering if there are any tweeks out there I should know of. Also has a soild tip 20" x3/8" bar/chain that seems to cut great for a while and then dies(dulls?) quickly. Acts like the thing is heating up and binding. Does it only with that solid bar.

cnlpar said:
Got a 120s runs great. was wondering if there are any tweeks out there I should know of. Also has a soild tip 20" x3/8" bar/chain that seems to cut great for a while and then dies(dulls?) quickly. Acts like the thing is heating up and binding. Does it only with that solid bar.

Soild bar and binding- Watch your chain tension (not too tight) and turn up the oiler.... None of this has anything to do with the chain getting dull, so... what are you cutting?

Been cutting red oak and elm. I meant to say that it was 'acting' like it was dull. Chain is in good shape. But with that bar it seems that after it heats up the saw has to wook so much harder. If I switch to my 18" or my 24" bar (both roller)on that saw it's fine. The bar came with the saw and I'm too 'thrifty' just to get another

cnlpar said:
Been cutting red oak and elm. I meant to say that it was 'acting' like it was dull. Chain is in good shape. But with that bar it seems that after it heats up the saw has to wook so much harder. If I switch to my 18" or my 24" bar (both roller)on that saw it's fine. The bar came with the saw and I'm too 'thrifty' just to get another
make sure your not running a .058 chain in a .050 bar.

Latest posts

Back