dolmar 420/421

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well? How do you like it? We need data man. Reviews. Your opinion of that extra 6oz. of weight. Balance. You know stuff like that. :chainsaw:

What does anyone need to know? It's overweight for its power and handles clumsily due to its inboard clutch... just ask those who don't have one.

KenJax, congrats on your new toy!

You will really enjoy the 421. Mine runs like an angry beaver on steroids. ;) It sips so little gas that you will find yourself checking the tank, knowing it is out, but there will still be a lot of gas in the tank. Super little saw.

Ya, between that extra 2-6 ounces and the bad balance... you might have trouble even standing up. ;)
I know, I raised mine past my center of gravity and tipped it slightly....... I friggin tipped right over. My wife heard my cries of "help, I've fallen and I can't get up!" She had to call a crane to come in and fix the carnage.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That is my go to saw! Have a 7900 and ms260 yet the only saw i grab is the little 421 even for stuff 18 to 20".

Out of the box it is safety chain labeled dolmar

This chain says Oregon but its got little humps like the LPX does and i doesn't have the shark fin in between.

Sent from my Autotune Carb

I think its 91PX, its not VXL because this has small humps but they're shorter than the rakers

That is interesting. All of the 351/421 I have had came with safety crap stamped dolmar

I love those chains! A few strokes with a file and all annoying humps/bumps/dumps/clumps/stumps/etc. :D are gone. Back to regular chain.

How do i get that little metal post out so i can adjust the H needle?
ma5ehema.jpg

That isn't a metal post, that is the H needle. What I did was slip a piece of hose or electrical connector over the screw and back it out. After you get the screw out cut a slot in it with a cut off wheel on a dremel. It makes a perfect slot for a blade screw driver to adjust.

Is it just the screw in there or is there a spring in there too thats gonna come shooting out and get lost

I ordered the double D tool so now i can make adjustments. I took the CAT out of the muffler today, did you guys do anything else inside the plate after the CAT was out or did you just take the CAT out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take that while plate out that the cat is in. Then i cut the gills out of the stock opening and makethe stock opening as large as possible but still able to be covered by the spark screen

Back