Dolmar 5100s 49.9cc?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuleyJ

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was in the local shop again today because I have been toying with the idea of a 346 or 5100. I noticed in the brochure that the 5100 is supposed to be 50.4 cc. Well, on the manufacturers sticker of the 5100s the displacement read 49.9 cc. Looked at the serial number and it had a 2007 manufacture date. He also had a 510 and it read correctly at 50.4 cc. Anyone know what this could be about?

I have seen this also don't know if it is typos in their add or there are different versions or dealers are getting mixed up with the 510 or 5100 thing?
Were is saw troll He would know!:)

I have seen this also don't know if it is typos in their add or there are different versions or dealers are getting mixed up with the 510 or 5100 thing?
Were is saw troll He would know!:)

Well, I don't.......:jawdrop:

Dolmar has been confusing people pretty bad about the exact cc number on those saws - more different numbers than those mentioned here has been floating around as well - up to 50.7cc early on........

Well, I don't.......:jawdrop:

Dolmar has been confusing people pretty bad about the exact cc number on those saws - more different numbers than those mentioned here has been floating around as well - up to 50.7cc early on........
What the troll is stumped?:jawdrop: I too keep seeing different numbers for that saw. HP ratings as well.Now look at what you have done I keep looking at spec sheets LOL

Last edited:
The PS-510 & PS-5100S are 50.4cc. The 49.9cc printed on the EPA sticker I believe is for emmissions reasons like Andy said.

It may be that since it is a 2 stroke they are able to use the volume above the exhaust port for the CC calculation rather than the entire stroke. That would explain why it is lower and is a legit calculation as that is the amount of the actual compressed volume. Lakeside is prob correct as it would keep it in a different cc class for emmission purposes.

Anyone have the stroke length above the exhaust port to to a calculation and see if the math works to 49.9cc?

Anyone have the stroke length above the exhaust port to to a calculation and see if the math works to 49.9cc?

Don't need to. The volume under the exhaust port is a lot closer to 20cc than it is to 1/2cc. The calculation you suggest was often used with motorcycles to obtain the "effective compression ratio" which I believe was 1/2 to 2/3 the full stroke compression ratio.

Latest posts

Back