Dolmar 7900 WOOOOO HOOOOO :):)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and cut the baffle out. and re use the flat plate.
70331275.jpg

70331274.jpg

70331273.jpg

It will not let me edit the miss spelled dissasemble

Ericjeeper, How big are the holes and pipes in your mod? :hmm3grin2orange:

Those are 3/4 inch emt conduits

But the actual hole under the barrels is not quite as large as the two pipes. I would guess I made the orginal hole half again as large as it was.. Do not really recall to be totally honest. But it sounds good.

Hot damn this saw kicks ass...My dad and i made 2-3 cords today...I need to get another bar for it...This thing is so much more fun then my 5100 :).....5100 kicks ass also but the 7900 is sure a powerhouse...Need to get a 20" bar for it tho...The 24" is a bit long for anything but blocking...may even consider a 18" will see....so far i am in love :).....

I use my 24 inch bar for trenching

I am so used to a 20 inch bar, I tend to do considerable amount of trenching when I have a long bar on. What can I say?I am used to a shorter bar. LOL
But it will pull one with little effort, well until I have done some trenching then it slows down considerably.

When I block out anything that is on or close to the ground I make sure that toward the bottom of the cut I drop the tail of the saw lower than the tip. That way I always can know where the tip is, even in big stuff where I can't see it. On really big vertical cuts I may have to stop momentarily toward the end of the cut to push the mountain of shavings aside that would otherwise block the tail/body of the saw.

Also the last bit can fool you especially with a heavy saw and big bar, so before I break through (as I cut) I take all the weight off the bar for a moment just so I really have the saw weight under control. Otherwise you may think you've got it and then it falls out the cut and touches dirt.

And don't forget that good sized dogs can help your control at the bottom of a cut usually.

Last edited:
Just took my new 7900 20" out last sunday afternoon (4 degrees), slicing up some felled and frozen Maple, and it was the smoothest and torquiest saw I've used. I fell in love at first bite!! This saw ate thru everything in record time. I love it! Yee HAaa!

Latest posts

Back