Dolmar Chainsaws, looking to import one down under are they any good?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just phoned Kevin Hobbs in Wodonga. I am heading up there on Saturday to check them out! Thansk for all the help folks! keep the info rolling please, what models to avoid etc...thanks again!

Makita Model is DC S9010.....the big hooer.

You mean like this one?
1022111528.jpg

I don't care what anyone tells you about Dolmar, they are in my opinion the best saw yo can buy for the money and I think the best yo can get anyway. From the amount of people now posting threads on here about them, it's great to see they are catching on even more. I have three Dolmars right now and plan on getting as many as I can sneak into my shop without my wife seeing them. They have a lot of power, built very well but do not always have ideal dealer support. I have only had one issue with my 9010, the piston took a crap on the third tank of mix. Got it fixed under warranty, someone at the factory decided to cut the impulse line a little short and it kinked. It can happen with any brand you buy. Even with that I am as happy as can be running Dolmars.

thats the size that I am after! Im looking for a saw that can handle everything, Stihls are nice, but the are a heavy powerhead at the end of the day and expensive, Husky's XP range are nice, but I have been hearing how good these Dolmar saws are so I thought Id see what the fuss is about!

Jimmy T- thanks for the info mate much appreciated!

I have just phoned Kevin Hobbs in Wodonga. I am heading up there on Saturday to check them out! Thansk for all the help folks! keep the info rolling please, what models to avoid etc...thanks again!

Makita Model is DC S9010.....the big hooer.

Hi Rick, I'm sure it was Hulsty above that posted not long back asking the same thing. You can pick the 6400's and 7900's off Ebay cheaper than you can buy elsewhere.

If you are thinking 90cc I'd be seriously thinking about the 390XP from the States. You should be able to get one out here for under a grand to keep Customs off your back. Plenty of us here have been down that road without issues.

I have brought in 4 so far and Matt (MCW) plenty more than that.

So Rick, where bout's in Nth East Vic?

Latest posts

Back