dolmar saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:cheers:

OK I have to do this just to rub it in some more. This vid was taken at a gtg a few years ago. In it is my ported 7900 with a 32" bar in hard Beech, it was the fastest saw under 121cc in that block. The other saws on hand were stock and ported 440's, 460's, 660's, 372's, one 385, 395 and a few other stock 7900's

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jjriW-powdg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like that cookie your cutting....now go log with it. Blah blah blah...you can make any saw beat another with enough porting and work done to it. Its all variables...just like different chains....i bet a 385 modded the same way would show that 7900 2nd place where it would be in that case...and again its a VIDEO!!! 7900 is the best in class under 80 cc saw...not over 80cc because it is not.... Talk all you want...because thats all it is.... Over 80cc is where the 385 comes into play. 7900 isnt in the game anymore....and shouldnt even be compared....as said by parrisw. AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE...i have ran both saws and i know which one is stronger...HUSKY.:D

Nope, I watched them again and timed them. Here are the numbers I got
Dolmar Run 1: 11-12 sec
Dolmar Run 2: 10-11 sec
Husky Run 1: 13 sec
Husky Run 2: 12 sec

The Dolmar clearly beats the husky out every time. I don't see how you can dispute that. I think you need to look up the definition of un-biased, or biased for that matter. You seem to have a very healthy bias towards the Husky... your ship sank a long time ago and you're still trying to tute your horn while drowning. :laugh:

HAHA!!!..u make me laugh..thanks buddy!...funny thing is I prolly cut the trees that helped build the lumber to make the tiny dolmar built ship with a 385.....too bad they made it out of veneer...to be "light"....like the 7900...too bad a tiny little wave came and needless to say...well haha...it didnt make it...i just look back and keep on floating away...RIP donkeymar...laugh::laugh::laugh:;):hmm3grin2orange:

so I didn't get burned to bad buying one with 160 pounds of compression for $300? I didn't even try to get it for less, I thought it was a very fair price:msp_sleep::msp_sleep:

No you didnt actually...if i needed that saw $300 isnt too bad...hope it lasts for you though...;)

HAHA!!!..u make me laugh..thanks buddy!...funny thing is I prolly cut the trees that helped build the lumber to make the tiny dolmar built ship with a 385.....too bad they made it out of veneer...to be "light"....like the 7900...too bad a tiny little wave came and needless to say...well haha...it didnt make it...i just look back and keep on floating away...RIP donkeymar...laugh::laugh::laugh:;):hmm3grin2orange:

Ya know sometimes it is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Ya know sometimes it is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

He wanted to go above and beyond relality with his comments and so did i....i thaught i should bring it to his level for him...lol....BUT if someones gonna get all mad about a saw discussion...thats their own fault...IMO...im sorry but his comment did make me laugh.:laugh:

He wanted to go above and beyond relality with his comments and so did i....i thaught i should bring it to his level for him...lol....BUT if someones gonna get all mad about a saw discussion...thats their own fault...IMO...im sorry but his comment did make me laugh.:laugh:

I don't think your totally getting the point.

I don't think your totally getting the point.

If you wanna pointlessly argue you can pm me and keep it out of the thread. Other than that...lets keep it saw talk. He made a funny..i made a funny..its done and a even score.

So, uh, yeah, back on-topic: I'm less than $500 into my Dolmar and it handily outcuts a 460 and about hangs with both 660's and 390's (stock). I haven't touched the ports yet, nor have I modded the muffler, or done anything at all to the ignition. I say again: best bang for the buck on the market today, hampered only by a weak dealer network.

If you wanna pointlessly argue you can pm me and keep it out of the thread. Other than that...lets keep it saw talk. He made a funny..i made a funny..its done and a even score.

Why? Are you tired of making a fool out of yourself publicly? I just find this whole thing laughable... you are clearly a bit dense... no offense intended, but just trying to point out that you shouldn't talk about things that you can't even comprehend, it tends to bite you in the arse; like in this case.

Why? Are you tired of making a fool out of yourself publicly? I just find this whole thing laughable... you are clearly a bit dense... no offense intended, but just trying to point out that you shouldn't talk about things that you can't even comprehend, it tends to bite you in the arse; like in this case.

You make me LMFAO!!! So exactly how many hours do you have on these saws in a actual real-life logging application?:msp_rolleyes: I know i have a month or more of 8hrs a day logging with the dolmars. And the husky....well needless to say...waaaayyyy more...it kind of pained me to run the dolmar....its not a bad saw for what it is...but its not a 385 by no means...

Latest posts

Back