Dolmar vs Redmax

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sawinredneck said:
Ummmm......... Do a little searching on this site, lots and lots and lots of information to be gained, you can read for days!!
Andy
very true Andy

DOLMARatOs said:
I'm a bit sad to see what has happened with the Husk RedMax thing. The only reason I'm a RedMax dealer is the EBZ8001 and reciprocator. If the EBZ8001 is going to be available through Husky, then the local husky dealer a mile down the road will undercut me to pieces and smile when he does it. Oh well. So long for RedMax. Then again, Husky used to have all nice saws till EHP got hold of them. Now they have "just a few" cheap saws in their line up. Then again, most people start out with "just a few" cancer sells.

I really hope that Husky keeps their larger saws and develops the RedMax stuff into their line and continues to produce good saws. I'd hate to see them end up like Homelite or Troy-Bilt or even the new Pull-ons.

I certainly agree that in some ways, this can actually turn out to be a negative, and I carry both brands. We sell a lot of 8000's and one of the reasons is that there is quite a bit of distance between us and the nearest Red Max dealer. But there are several Husky dealers in the area that will now have that unit.

Another thing of interest will be what we should call the "chinese factor". There is a Red Max factory in China which is part of this deal. Will there be any "chinese huskys"? Probably not, at least as far as AS members are concerned. But it would be my guess that the most likely place we would see any chinese product would be the Poulan stuff in the box stores.

We have sold 2 Red Max models with the chinese engine, BC250 and BT250, and they are both better than the Poulan stuff. Also they have a really neat exhaust note. Kind of like a little Harley.

I hear you, the BC250 and BT250 sounded really nice. I ordered a max-pack of them last year and sold out in a short time. The homeowner handheld blowers are really nice also, same engines.

I'm not at all that happy with RedMax warranty department. I have a trimmer sitting here that is less than a month old with a shattered flywheel. They won't approve the claim or deny it, i'm in a holding pattern.

I'm not sure how good the Husky guys are about paying warranty claims. I seem to remember a string of saws with burned up cylinders due to a certain unknown air-leak.

Chinese

Thats sad to hear.To me Chinese is'nt nowhere close the quality of the Germans Swedish and Japanese

Dolmar

stan_1966 said:
as Of now my choice is between the Husky 346 xp and the Dolmer 5100
I know the Husky is a pro quality saw is the Dolmer as well

I say get the Dolmar, try it out. This is selfish of me though as I really want to see someone's results on how they like them though, lol... :popcorn:

Yes i 2 dont want to see husky falling like the other pull-ons troy bilt and so on. It would not make for very good debates their would only be 2 good ones left.

In RedMax defense. They still design the motor made in China. It is even in their factory I believe. Remember, Husky bought RedMax...so if there is a problem or if Husky equipment gets mysteriously crappy or turns into a Troy-bilt nightmare it will be the fault of Husky and no one else is to blame.

I'd hate to see another good company go to the dogs but it seems to be unlikely because both Husky and RedMax have some top-notch equipment.

DOLMARatOs said:
[I'd hate to see another good company go to the dogs but it seems to be unlikely because both Husky and RedMax have some top-notch equipment.]

I agree with this, as the trick is to maintain the quality of your good stuff, yet source the cheaper, "price point" stuff from places like China. Red Max is already doing this by naming those models we listed the "home series". It's kind of a line within a line. Marketing wise it makes a little more sense than sub or co-branded stuff. (Sabre, by John Deere)

Spike.

You have hit the nail on the head here. Luckily for RedMax, their outsourced Home series units are really nice. I haven't had any problems with them and they are top notch.

Back