Don't get ripped off!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job.

Tree actually looked quite a bit larger in the first picture, but then I had some perspective once you were in the tree. (unless you're 15' tall):).

Too bad it had to be removed, looks like the neighborhood could have used it.

No bucket truck?

OOMT, good job at a reasonable price. How many hours did it take to do the job.

one reason the price difference is so great is that the other guy may be doing his math for his expenses which may be greater than yours. I have to say you sound a little low for the work that was done. I don't know the exchange rate or anything. Sure the job was small scale but you guys did some work there. A half day thing? With full crew and equipment?

Around here the market for good 3 man crews, no bucket, is $200 to $250 p/h. I am at $220p/h and the job was booked for 5 hours. It ended up being 4 hours including clean up cos the guys were on fire. No wasted efforts if you know what I mean.

I don't have a problem with what people charge so long as they give value for money and do good work. What really sets me off is companies that target the vulnerable like old age pensioners and con them into spending thousands for work that was worth hundreds on the open market. Worst of all they give all tree companies a bad name not just their own.

Squad I agree we need to keep native trees. Sadly 2 of the 3 leaders were dead and the HO was keen to get it out before anything more happened. On the other hand I did manage to talk another client out of topping his C.calophylla so I'm hoping that means I don't go to hell. :blob2:

Latest posts

Back