don't under estimate the new 40cc Craftsman saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
treeminator said:
at 1/4th the price, it's got more cc's (40) than the Stihl 200T (35)

Really,hmmmmmmmmmm. This is a new Craftsman saw your talking about. Is it a one hander or a two hander?, just curious.........

treeminator said:

1/4th cost of a comparable Stihl? Better get four of them or better still,six of them. That way when that POS lets you down you can just fire up the next one. You can use all the burnt up saws for boat anchors or,better still, paperweights.

treeminator said:
Awesome thanks for the heads up, seriuosly now, maybe they are fine for the weekend warriors and the tree-tards but I'll run what I know and pay more.

Isnt it sacreligous to use crapsman in the same sentence with Stihl?

craftsman

personely i would put them both in the same boat:jawdrop:

i have discovered the perfect tool for servicing craftsman/poulan saws.. makes working on them much more stress reducing and even pleasing!

madmax said:
Isnt it sacreligous to use crapsman in the same sentence with Stihl?
hey, just bought a Craftsman on ebay. Old 3.7 cube model in like new condition. It has everything but chainbrake (too old). :cheers: More to come.

let me know how the 3.7 compares to your johnny 625.ive got 4 and love them for the price that you can get them for.mabe i should of not said that out loud.

slowsuki

slowsuki said:
let me know how the 3.7 compares to your johnny 625.ive got 4 and love them for the price that you can get them for.mabe i should of not said that out loud.
Maybe I was too loud, bought the Craftsman cuz my father had one. Ran strong. It was stolen and other saws were left. :confused: ?????

16gauge said:
hey, just bought a Craftsman on ebay. Old 3.7 cube model in like new condition. It has everything but chainbrake (too old). :cheers: More to come.
Cool, hope u got a good deal on it, on the lighter side though, is it lacking the chainbrake because it is to old, or because craftsman never thought it would run in the first place?:greenchainsaw:

16gauge said:

Did you get a styled or unstyled model.

Ok enough tractor talk, is the pullstart cover flush with the side of the saw and kind of oblong looking or does it stick out in a round protrusion.

Either way their damn good saws.:clap:

16gauge said:
If it is one of the old Craftsman 3.7 made by Roper, you got yourself a prety good old saw. At the time they were put out they would do about anything a Stihl or Husky, or whatever brand of saw in that size range would do. I didn't care or use the auto chain sharpener that they had on them. I still have one hanging up with all my Stihls that I will get down and fire up every now and then. It's much better saw than what Sears puts out now days.

16gauge said:

I have one of those and I love it!

advance the timing on it by moving the coil colser to the flywheel and take the screen out of the muffler reajust the carb and then see what she can really do. you will be suprised.ps do not tell anyone how well it runs or they will start going up in price.and if it is the poulan model just do muffler mod reajust carb and go.

how does moving the coil closer to the flywheel advance the timing? i just see a destroyed coil or flywheel from close contact coming out of that one..

Treeminaturd,

You running a crapsman computer, or maybe a commodore 64. I hear the new microsoft stuff is just overpriced.

Newfie said:
You running a crapsman computer, or maybe a commodore 64. I hear the new microsoft stuff is just overpriced.

Now that's funny!

Careful knocking the older Craftsman saws, those relabelled Echos, Poulans, Homelites, Ropers, etc. cut a lot of wood over the years. And from what people have posted here they still do.

Latest posts

Back