Double front pants

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old thread, and probably even older news, but a little info for those who don't know... If you like to run the Labonville safety inserts instead of chaps, Madsen's for $12. will add the snaps and lower pockets into DF Carhartts (and I imagine any other brand they sell) if you happen to want something other than their logger jeans. Just ordered some the other day.

Inserts are the way to go.

Thanks for the info about Madsen's doing Labonville insert pockets in Carhartts. I ordered a pair of their jeans/w pockets for inserts today. We'll see how they fit, and maybe I'll get some Carhartts from them next. Their website has a lot of good information on saw maintenance, real practical advice I thought. And it's kinda nice to have to call and talk to a guy to order. I'd rather give them my business than most other mail order suppliers- they're old school in a good way.

Thanks for the info about Madsen's doing Labonville insert pockets in Carhartts. I ordered a pair of their jeans/w pockets for inserts today. We'll see how they fit, and maybe I'll get some Carhartts from them next. Their website has a lot of good information on saw maintenance, real practical advice I thought. And it's kinda nice to have to call and talk to a guy to order. I'd rather give them my business than most other mail order suppliers- they're old school in a good way.

If you ever make it out to the Left Coast stop in at their store. It's one of a kind.

Since I first posted to this thread I have found out from Bailey's that Key no longer makes the black denim jeans I like. I ordered some 100% cotton jeans (Frisco jeans) from Gorilla Gear. They are nice and fit well but they fade like crazy. After 2 months they are pale grey with most of the fading in the first wash. I went back to Prison Blues single front as the Berne double front are heavy when dry and impossible to wear wet. I am now using (PB) Welch suspenders as recommended by the old guy and guess what he was right, they are the best.

I added buttons to some of my Nomex pants so my chaps don't drag them down. That worked out well. I wanted to get a pair of Advance pants but at $250.00 or more I'll pass for now.

Okay, I'll give you Sunbirds. And that "other saw shop" is a good one. But there's only one Madsens. That place even smells like a saw shop is supposed to.
It's like a kids candy store for loggers. Talking to a guy the last time I was there. He said you drove all the way down here from Auburn?:biggrin:

I just busted the crotch outta my carhart doubles yesterday when fueling up! I've only about 100hrs on em (installed an hour meter) and at $38 a pop around here it pist me off somethin fierce! The wife's gotten good at stitchin over the years though. we'll see.

Alright one more thing, since we're talkin jeans how many days in a row do you boys run the same pair before washing? (obviously climate plays a factor). I'd say I've gone a work week and a half in one pair.
Try firehouse flex from Dalits trading company I'm in the drilling industry both water and bridge foundation drilling they stand up and are the most comfortable i have worn in the 28 years I've been drilling you'll love em

do not get the round house ones waist is good legs are narrow but on the up side they are made in the usa

I liked my single front Wild Ass pants enough to order double fronts; they are sold out right now...

I've only had these about 6 weeks, but so far, the best $19 I spent this year...

I found the black Carhart loggers to last the longest, then the denum loggers, then the tan loggers.

There really is a difference in how long each last

I liked my single front Wild Ass pants enough to order double fronts; they are sold out right now...

I've only had these about 6 weeks, but so far, the best $19 I spent this year...

I have several pairs of Wild Ass doubles and a few pairs of Keys. The Wild Ass fit me good and are wearing great, they are a hair over a year old and the only flaw I have noticed is out of 4 pairs one pocket rivet and corner are pulled off. Other that the damage I have inflicted on them these britches are by far the best I have owned. I wish Baileys would get more in soon!! The Keys are a very close second, I have a pair that are about 2 years old that are almost threadbare and not fit to wear in public unless your wearing long johns..... I can't retire em. Like Deets from Lonesome Dove I ain't one to give up on a garment on account of a little age, ;)

Like Deets from Lonesome Dove I ain't one to give up on a garment on account of a little age, ;)

I don't give up on my old clothes either but I think my wife does. Perfectly good pants and shirts, with only a few holes and rips and tears and paint spots and big mended areas and stains that won't wash out any more, just seem to disappear. She claims no knowledge of where they might have gone. I keep telling her that working in the woods isn't some kind of fashion show but the really old stuff keeps disappearing anyway.

Back