Drolet an not working hard any more !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aokpops

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Getting close to 2 seasons with the tundra . First year might have been a fluke the second year only got better in saving me so much work . I know the last 2 winter have been wimpy ,but we did have a few zero nights . The tundra handle it all with ease with a lot less work . Here was the benefits I burned just a little half the wood than the old wood furnace a cake up chimney is now not a issue now . Work smart not hard .

It just makes heating with wood that much more sensible and that much more fun. Glad the Tundra worked out for you. I talked a friend of mine into swapping out and older hot blast like wood furnace for a Tundra a couple seasons ago. He's had a similar experience.

This past fall I put in a NC30 and the neighbor behind me put in a hotblast. We both had around 5 cord to start the winter, I just talked to him yesterday and hes been though over 4 cord while I'm still under 2 and its been a warm winter so far.

He's talking about getting a tri axle dropped off while I'm thinking I might have to haul 3 truck loads with my 6x8 trailer for next year.

yep, now just think of all that fuel you sent right up the chimney with your old setup. Technology is a good thing.
Would have been nice to know 30 years ago . And yes technology is a good thing . Was thinking today about my 13 year old car how nice it was , I remember 5 year old cars with holes in the floor an not safe to drive . The wood stoves have advanced that much too .

Back