Duluth fire hose flex pants

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle goddard

Original HitchHiker
Reaction score
Has anyone of does anyone climb in them. Im an employee so i dont really want to spend a lot on arborwear or sip i could go on and on about over priced climbing pants.
I like to hear whos wearing what that tough, inexpensive, light, and flexible.
Let me hear it.

I agree on the 5.11 tactical pants. Thats all I have been working in for the last few years. They are great light weight pants but quite tough at the same time. plenty of pockets as well. They have a double knee and a slot to put thin foam knee pads in, I tried the pads for a day but they were kind of over kill. But as for price they are some thing like 50 bucks around here but my wife works for a sporting retail and gets them really cheap for me. try a pair out though, I bet you would like them. Just get the darker tan or green because the light Khaki pants i have show every little oil stain and sap spot.

I haven't used the flex firehose but the regular ones are all I ever wear and love them. They wear like iron.

Right now i wear 511,s and black hawk warrior pants. I just wish they had a little stretch to them.. i prefer the black hawks over 511. I get both from top gun military apparel near me for around w 29 bucks. Im willing to spend around 60. So im goin to try the duluth firehose flex.

I know it is exactly what you said you are trying to avoid, but I have a pair of Arborwear Canopy pants and they are great. Tough price to swallow...but I will buy another pair soon. I just keep hoping I see them on sale somewhere, and they never seem to be. They fit great, are very light weight, have some stretch so plenty of room to move around without being too loose, and they wash up/ look good even after a day in wet lichen covered trees and the chainsaw bar rubbing oil on them.

Let us know how the fire hose pants are. As much as I like the Canopy pants, I am not adverse to saving money!

I've tried two pair. Wasn't really that impressed, they didn't seem to hold up any longer than any other heavy duty work pant. I still like my arborwear the best.

Ditto on the canopy pants. def pricey but I love mine. Never tried the fire hose pants but i would like to sometime.

Ok so I'm a bigger guy. What pants do the bigger guys wear? Arborwear are too small unless you guys have a place to get fat guy pants. Just curious.

So my boss got me a pair or arborwear ascender. Most comfortable pants i have owned in my life. Thinking about buying a pair my self, and gettig chainsaw pants for winter. Screw duluth, for work anyway. I only have one pair of asender pants right now so until i get more im goi.g to find. A way to keep thes clean enough to wear e every work day. Hose em out or something till laundry day on the weekend.lp

So my boss got me a pair or arborwear ascender. Most comfortable pants i have owned in my life. Thinking about buying a pair my self, and gettig chainsaw pants for winter. Screw duluth, for work anyway. I only have one pair of asender pants right now so until i get more im goi.g to find. A way to keep thes clean enough to wear e every work day. Hose em out or something till laundry day on the weekend.lp
Ya I recently splurged and bought myself a pair and holy shiz nit are they sweet. I have a pair of arborwear canopy pants to and they are also nice. Same material but the ascenders def better withe pocket zippers and stuff. I honestly think they are actually worth the money. but just barely. the tag price is 179.00 but if you go through treestuff the are like 159.00. Seems a lil crazy. but dam it I got my eye on the black ones....once you wear those ascenders you dont wanna wear any thing else to work.

My girlfriends generous sister gave me a pair of fire hose flex pants this past Christmas. I may have an oddball but they may run small. I am a lean guy and mine were purty tight in the waist and seat. Standing orders are to never put them in the dryer. Wearing OK so far but, for hot weather dud's, I prefer ripstop BDU's and Docker khakis from the thrift stores. 4 - 10 bucks a pair? I'll take a dozen. Slopped with sap? don't wash 'em, through them out. That's me though.

Had a pair or Riggs rip stops. Great in hot weather. Wore very good. Gotta replace them. Evidently they sell for $35 now.

Love mine, seem to hold up well, super comfortable.
Measure yourself before ordering. What size you wear off most brand name pants has little to do with reality. Measure your self following their sizing instructions

Latest posts

Back