dumb stuff we do

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasTreemonkey

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
While puting gas in my ms260 I relaxed and started dreaming of goin home and getin to cook that ribeye I had been marinating in the fridge when.. i looked down.. F@CK!! my bar oil jug was over my gas tank. Yep i had the gas tank half way full of oil!!! Got my head up my @ss. haha oh well but i know im not the only one! Anybody got any good ones to talk about?

The other day I fried the end of my extension cord so I figured I would cut it off and put a new end on. I grabbed the Kliens and cut it off without unplugging it from the wall, needless to say the lights went out real quick.

I have that electric chainsaw the wife gave me as a gag gift right next to the circular saw... both of them have their electric cords cut. The sawzall has electric tape around its "nic". And yes I have started to drive the truck off to a job without unplugging the heater core!

While puting gas in my ms260 I relaxed and started dreaming of goin home and getin to cook that ribeye I had been marinating in the fridge when.. i looked down.. F@CK!! my bar oil jug was over my gas tank. Yep i had the gas tank half way full of oil!!! Got my head up my @ss. haha oh well but i know im not the only one! Anybody got any good ones to talk about?

BUMMER DUDE!!

2 weeks ago I had my trailer backed into the drive way and was welding on the side of the trailer next to the grass where I was sitting when suddenly..... HOLY :censored: :censored: SON OF A :censored:.... I lit my crotch on fire!! I was sitting in the grass on my butt and a spark lit the grass on fire, which in turn lit me on fire. Did I learn a lesson? Dang skippy. Keep a jug of water close by and put welding blanket over your... uh hum more sensitive region. Fortunately no major burns but it still hurt like :censored:

The other day I fried the end of my extension cord so I figured I would cut it off and put a new end on. I grabbed the Kliens and cut it off without unplugging it from the wall, needless to say the lights went out real quick.

I can't stop myself... So how'd that work out for ya'? A little twitchy after that?

Crotch caught on fire, eh? You sure you just didn't have cheap burritos with fire sauce for lunch?

I love my father, but he has a bad habit of dinging the bay door trim with the tractor bucket when he backs it into the barn. A few days after the last repair and painting of the trim, I was backing the tractor into the barn and noticed that he had blasted the trim again on the right side of the bay. I could hardly believe it, but I stared at it so long that I blasted the left side of the bay with the other side of the bucket. Doh! :bang:

How about rigging a branch with a false-crotch and then cutting below your false crotch? Yeh, I did that once. Good thing it was just over some landscaping and not a structure! My business partner at the time who was acting as the groundie just sort of chuckled as he rolled the chunk of tree off of the flattened marigolds.

As for putting bar oil in the gas tank - heck, probably done that at least a half dozen times in the past 20+ years!

I had an employee drive a pickup over a few dozen potted landscape plants once. We had everything set out on the customer's driveway getting ready to install them in the landscape. I asked him to move the pickup out of the way so he got in and cranked the wheel while backing up. The front tire went right over the 1 and 2 gallon pots before getting hung up on a larger one and dragging it through the rest of the bunch. The other 3 guys along with myself just stood there looking at him with disbilief. This, of course, was before the days of Bill Engvall and 'Here's your sign..."

I've got a good one. I had a stump job to do all the way on the other side of town. It was a good 30 miles one way. I get all the way there and go to unload the grinder when I realize that I don't have the keys to the grinder. I had left them on the fender of the trailer. I had used them to unlock the backpack blower and didn't put them back in the trailer toolbox.

Really ironic because EVERY time I use the keys, I put them right back in their spot on the trailer. This time I set them down and said to myself that I'd remember them since the lock and the strap to the blower where right there also. I strapped that blower and locked it down and never even touched the keys. lol

Yes, I did have extras.

Yes, I am going to get another set of extras this week.

Back a few years ago I was cleaning some parts with brake cleaner spray. (I had a bad knee so I was doing allot of sitting then) I had a collection of old cookie sheets on the work bench I would use to sort through cans of bolts,nuts etc. not thinking I reached over and grabbed a round one with holes in it(it was a pizza pan with little holes)
well I was pretty liberal with the spray as I cleaned the parts on my lap......WARNING don't get brake cleaner on your "junk".:mad: it started out with a bit of itching and then all of a sudden I felt as though I was on fire "down there"
A trip to the ER and a cleaning by a male nurse did nothing for the burning....the doc told me to to apply ice to ease the burn. lucky there was a bit of snow on the ground and needless to say there where a bunch of upside down snow angles in the back yard that night.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back