dumb stuff we do

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other day I fried the end of my extension cord so I figured I would cut it off and put a new end on. I grabbed the Kliens and cut it off without unplugging it from the wall, needless to say the lights went out real quick.

HaHa haha was anyone watching? Hahhahahahahaha I did that hahahaha a few times!

i got one for ya
takin down a 12" dba cedar maybe 20' 25' foot tall, had a rope in it cuz it was a windy day. 3/4 through my back cut when the wind picks up (and the ground guy wasn't pulling) hung the tree up in the cedar next to it. not thinking left the saw next to the stump to help pull the hanger out.
The butt rolls off the stump and on to my newer husk 335. so a new case, throttle trigger, and handle. the job payed for the repair. not impressed!!!

more inline with the original post, i've refueled and forgot to put the cap back on, dumping all that precious fuel onto the ground when i picked it up to start it.

This is good, I was thinking of starting a thread like this saturday when I topped of the chipper hyd with deisel -all while trying to get the ground guys attention (on cell phone) so he could get the fuel additive from the cab. I knew that lock seemed awful corroded and was thinking, man it hasnt been that long sinse I've worked has it? 2.8 gallons in hydro tank+ lost day and alot of speedy dry and hdy oil. Still, two tanks side by side with the same caps and same keys for both seems pretty stupid to me.

Pintle hook, anyone?

Left 'er open after the first job we did with our chipper a few years back. Thankfully, we didn't go far to drop it off and somehow it managed to stay on the pickup the whole trip. That woulda been a quick 4 grand down the tubes. Check. Check again. Recheck.

BUMMER DUDE!!

2 weeks ago I had my trailer backed into the drive way and was welding on the side of the trailer next to the grass where I was sitting when suddenly..... HOLY :censored: :censored: SON OF A :censored:.... I lit my crotch on fire!! I was sitting in the grass on my butt and a spark lit the grass on fire, which in turn lit me on fire. Did I learn a lesson? Dang skippy. Keep a jug of water close by and put welding blanket over your... uh hum more sensitive region. Fortunately no major burns but it still hurt like :censored:

I hear you on burning your goods welding, I have scars to prove it. Nothing worse, I mean nothing.

Ok, I will contribute with a couple from the last few weeks. #1. I am getting geared up for a crane job and just about to go up the tree and my buisness partner hands me the 361 (on its side) I flip it over to clip it on my belt and WTF!!!!:censored: Lap full of gas and oil. He filled it up but forgot to put the cap's on?? OK, but how the hell do you do that and then conviently walk it over from the side handle not spilling it on himself.. HMM, not to mention, what happend to warming the saw up?? That is what was going through my mind but hey sh!t happens I guess.

#2.. I am filling up the chipper and decide to just stick the nozzle in and wedge the cap in the handle so I can do something else for a couple minutes. Done it 1000 times before, No problem.. All the sudden I walk back over to the pump and its at like $110.00 and still going, So now Im thinking dam its never took that much before??:confused: then the fuel starts shooting out the top of the tank making a loud wistling sound :censored: So I run over and pull the cap out of the handle but to my surprise its still shooting out and whistling. So Myself and the 2 employees stand there in amazment just watching the volcano of diesel shooting out for about 30sec then the one ground guy says to the other ground guy, HEY, just pull the nozzle out!!! BAD IDEA!! Bolth of them ended up soaked in diesel head to toe. They both looked at me with the I wanna go home look on there faces, I gave them a couple new shirts and off to work we went.. I probably would have just said screw it and sent them home but we had the crane again that day so it was essential they tuffed it out. Anyways what happened was the fuel nozzle had a small flare on the end of it and when it bottomed out on the fill spout on the top of the PLASTIC tank it created pressure and expanded the tank to the sound of 20 some odd dollars of fuel and back pressure to boot. It was quite the sight to see.. The fuel station was even less impressed then me if you can believe that...

I cut a 60 foot poplar down on my new F-150 last year. The body shop bill was $3,800 although I just paid the $250 deductable. Dumbest thing I ever did. The worst part was that the wife was watching the entire time.

cattle prod.(on the extension cord sub.)

Decided to wire an outdoor building the easy way.

The building was already wired with outlets and lights I was just trying to get power to it.

So I decided a creative(and easy) method would be to just cut off the female end of my 100' extension cord and wire a second male end to plug into a wall outlet on the building.....and Waaalaa! I would have power.

Halfway through the project I realized I might be creating the most dangerous extension cord in the world. It also answered the question I had posed in my mind earlier which was "Hmm....Why haven't I seen these at Home Depot.....This is brilliant"

A:)

Well the last couple years I have been clearing some
large6" to 8" brush with my old ford 800 tractor and brush hog.
This tractor is a 1957 model with no headache rack or cab and
the brush way too big for the setup but I made it work as time
saved is time earned! I was hogging away on a hill the first time
and got hung up so had to back up and go at it again most times
without a problem but this side hill made the hog slide over and
when I went forward crack on the head then the right knee!

Now a normal sob after limping back to the house would have
learned that lumps on the head and knees should include caution.
Two days later lump still on the right side whack the left head
but no knee this time the stars were out in the day time.

Now the funny part is, I have been made fun of for wearing
my hard hat at lunch in eating establishments etc. I wear
it always so I don't forget to put it on. At the farm screw that
it is me against nature and I am gonna friggin win; Yeah right :laugh:

About 15 years ago I was backing up a trailer when the customer's wife (who was about 40 and fine,fine ,fine) walks out in this little bitty short nightie. And on top of that the wind was blowing. I backed over the mailbox then jumped out to survey the damage and ended up trying to look at her and fell in deep ditch.

About 15 years ago I was backing up a trailer when the customer's wife (who was about 40 and fine,fine ,fine) walks out in this little bitty short nightie. And on top of that the wind was blowing. I backed over the mailbox then jumped out to survey the damage and ended up trying to look at her and fell in deep ditch.

Hell that ain't dumb that is just struttin are you part Tom?
I wonder if the hubby was :ices_rofl:

Last edited:

And we have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

Latest posts

Back