e-Bay problem, need some input

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
was this seller from NJ? :monkey: just curious.

they might have , but not from here ... the only problem i have had wit ebay-pay pal,,, was i ordered some fishing sinkers... was a buy it now thing , in stock item... paid for it with paypal.. guy took my money the next day, out of the account... after trying to contact the guy multiple times, i filed a claim with paypal on the 29th day.. (you have 30 days to do it) paypal docked the guy's account for the amount of the purchase, and returned it to me.... that day, i had 6 emails and 3 phone calls from the jacka$$.....with a whole lot of excuses.....he end up shipping the stuff, after i had my money back...calling , asking to get paid, "HEY, I SENT YOUR SINKERS, COULD YOU DO THE RIGHT THING AND PAY ME???" i let him wait 30 days!!!! then i did pay him..

Ebay and Papal not helpful to sellers...

My wife and I have been selling on E-bay for over 9 years now. I can tell you this, my wife has gotten burned more by buyers than she has ever mistakenly burned a buyer. The newest set of rules on E-bay has caused my wife to almost completely stop selling on E-bay. Too many people know how to work the Paypal system to get their money back (bid price plus shipping) just by "claiming" something was wrong with the item. All the buyer has to do is "claim" something is wrong and you, as seller, are obligated by Paypal to give them either a partial refund (if the buyer agrees to it) or a full refund. You can request to have the buyer send the item back to you at your cost, but then you have to refund the bid price, the original shipping and the return shipping. When you sell low dollar items you almost always make out better by just refunding the bid price and shipping. Ebay has even gone as far as to make you charge a certain shipping fee or less on certain items (books for example). This is simply because E-bay doesn't want you to be able to pay for the listing fees with a handling charge. What company doesn't charge some sort of a handling fee to cover packaging materials? In my opinion E-bay is simply not the place it once was, you don't get very many deals on E-bay anymore. I'm off of my soapbox now.

apples and oranges

the reciever files a claim if the goods came in damaged..(the seller has no knowledge of the condition of the goods once it left his hands)

the sender files a claim if the goods never arrived...

I have received broken items and shipped items that were broken or lost. In all cases it was the sender has to make the claim with USPS, DHL, and UPS. I have dealt with all 3. The receiver can iniate a search but a claim goes through the sender.

This is how it has worked in every case I have been involved in. If you have had different experiences so be it.

Bill

I have received broken items and shipped items that were broken or lost. In all cases it was the sender has to make the claim with USPS, DHL, and UPS. I have dealt with all 3. The receiver can iniate a search but a claim goes through the sender.

This is how it has worked in every case I have been involved in. If you have had different experiences so be it.

Bill

all i know, is a few years ago my dad sent me a 19 inch monitor, VIA the UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE !!!!

my nieghbor ended up with it... he called me to say that he had my package, but i may not want it !!!!!!

i walk over there, and here is this box destroyed, with 3 miles of tape holding it together... i pick the thing up, and it jingled.... not a good thing for something made with a glass screen !!!! opened the box up,,, WOW ,,, the case of the sreen had a hole burnded into , all the way thru it by a rubber wheel..

I HAD TO TAKE IT TO THE POST OFFICE, AND I HAD THE FILE THE CLAIM !!!

i asked the people there,,, "why didn't you just send this train wreck back to the sender ( my dad) ??? they said , they have to deliver it, reguardless of the condition of the parcel ...

because the POSTAL SEVICE damaged the item in transit... (word on the street was that it must have fallen of a conver belt, and got jammed in there...)

my claim was with the post office, and they replaced the item !!!!

they wont cover a lost item, unless its insured !!! and THAT IS ON THE SENDER !!!!

make a report to the Postal Inspector in charge of your Post Office and they will get the parties concerned out there looking around for these bars which should be easy to find. Believe it that they will ask the carrier if he or she left an empty or torn package. If the carrier says no, then they will surely look at this seller a little deeper with suspicion.

unlikely from my experiences dealing with the USPS. too many "smart" idiots working there.

Last edited:
If you're 100% sure you're in the right then file the SNAD thru Paypal. You'll need to prove that the item was returned to the seller via online delivery confirmation which you have already done. That should result in a buyer's protection refund from Paypal. If it doesn't then do a cc chargeback.

However, are you really sure the bars were packaging well? Bars can slice there way out of packaging very easily since they are sharp and heavy. The seller could be telling you the truth. You're the one that was responsible for getting the item returned to the seller. Even though you'll likely win a SNAD it wouldn't be the right thing to do if your packaging was poor.

That seller doesn't have very good feedback. 4 neutrals and negatives out of 66 and less then a year with Ebay is not very assuring. However I didn't see anything that indicated he's a scammer and I'd be careful about throwing around his name unless you're 100% sure you're being scammed.

Here's the latest...

Just an update:

I did pay through PayPal direct transfer from my account, not through a credit card.

I certainly made sure the items were well packaged, I have received several saws and bars that were not properly packed so I understand what is required.

I have filed a claim with PayPay under the "substantially different" clause.

I have contacted my local post office as well with all of the information (date shipped, postage paid, address of recepient, etc.) and they are persuing from this end a well.

I guess for the moment it is a waiting game to see what the postal service discovers. The seller is not claiming the package never arrived, just that the bars were not in the package.

The only reason I posted the seller's I.D. was to try and determine if anyone else had any experience with them. I have not been impressed at all with their participation even from the original sale, slow shipping and no response, etc.

I will be out of the country for the next week (hope to see Belgian next Saturday) so that should give the USPS some time to search.

Mark

Just an update:

I did pay through PayPal direct transfer from my account, not through a credit card.

In the future never ever pay from a balance or bank account. Always select "more funding choices" and use a credit card so you have optimum protection.

Mark,

I am glad you got somewhat of a resoulution.

I had a guy fail to ship my items that were paid for on October 25th. I filed a paypal claim. The seller did not respond. They had till yesterday. Today Paypal ended it and informed me that the seller had drained all the funds. I am out it all.

Bill

Mark,

I am glad you got somewhat of a resoulution.

I had a guy fail to ship my items that were paid for on October 25th. I filed a paypal claim. The seller did not respond. They had till yesterday. Today Paypal ended it and informed me that the seller had drained all the funds. I am out it all.

Bill

Bill- didn't your item fall under the new Paypal protection policy? I have two claims open right now against sellers for items paid for Nov. 1st-2nd. If the sellers don't respond (it doesn't look like they're going to) then according to the wording of the Paypal protection listed on the auction pages for the items, I should get a 100% refund.

Bill- didn't your item fall under the new Paypal protection policy? I have two claims open right now against sellers for items paid for Nov. 1st-2nd. If the sellers don't respond (it doesn't look like they're going to) then according to the wording of the Paypal protection listed on the auction pages for the items, I should get a 100% refund.

I honestly do not know.

Bill

Back