Early Christmas never fired Sthil 090AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jensen 32000

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I lucked out today and bought a never fired Stihl 090 AV! I couldn't NOT buy it or I would have never forgive myself. Sad part is I doubt I will ever fire it Either! He had an 084 the he ran once but fortunatly (some what) he already sold it. (I doubt I could have passed on it). MERRY CHRISTMAS! Somehow the site doesn't let me "manage attachments" at the moment, to add pictures.

Last edited:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Awesome saw........:clap: :clap:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH-AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Where do you live?

Did you have to sell any of your left body parts?

Congratulations.

Yea, I pretty much "blew a load" when I walked in the door and saw it! It seems legit, I couldn't smell a trace of gas and that blue dot on the muffler probably changes colour when you fire it up. Now you can see why I rather leave it "as is".

Dammit

I think the wife is gonna be pissed at you dude. I only lasted about 7 seconds after seeing that... I can normally go at least 15 dangit... :ices_rofl:

Hell of a nice saw there bro.

jensen 32000 said:
I lucked out today and bought a never fired Stihl 090 AV! I couldn't NOT buy it or I would have never forgive myself. Sad part is I doubt I will ever fire it Either! He had an 084 the he ran once but fortunatly (some what) he already sold it. (I doubt I could have passed on it). MERRY CHRISTMAS! Somehow the site doesn't let me "manage attachments" at the moment, to add pictures.

so where EXACTLY do you live???? Where do you leave that saw at night???? i'm concerned it has a proper warm bed...........

Cool :biggrinbounce2:

Looks a lot shinier than mine, more paint and less grime :laugh:

I can understand you not wanting to fire her up, but NOTHING sounds like one of those beasts running :bowdown: :bowdown:

Cheers

Ian

Nice-looking unit! Interesting looking dogs. You never said how much you paid for it, but maybe you were just trying to not "rub it in" any more.:)

litefoot said:
Nice-looking unit! Interesting looking dogs. You never said how much you paid for it, but maybe you were just trying to not "rub it in" any more.:)

The owner knew what he had; It's a "Jack lumber saw, that he bought new", and other than inflation I think he got his money back. I'm not the type of guy that would take that saw off some "unsuspecting widow" for $100 bucks either. Then again on a good day on Ebay I'm sure that saw would fetch around $2000 US with someone else selling it. (I don't ever seem to get the bidders with "money burning holes in their pockets"). I plan to keep it. Too bad it's a little too big for the safety deposit box at the bank.

What a beauty!!! It might be the last one in that condition on the planet. OK guys...if one like that showed up how much would you pay? I would go $3500. You can always make more money, but where would you find another one?

aquan8tor said:
am I correct in thinking that I see a chainbrake on that one??

edit: chainbrakes on both ???

None of the 090's have chainbrakes. That is a hand guard which was on the later models.

Back