Inspiration for my new MS661R C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like a vacuum, Im sorry!

154000625.D83XVikl.jpg

Thank you very much for the info I was told that it did not fit cause it raised the saw up too high for the lid to close, did you have to alter the case?
Nope. Drop in fit, no case mods required. Obviously, the bar guard will no longer be the right length. I just put a longer scabbard on it to cover the excess.

Nope. Drop in fit, no case mods required. Obviously, the bar guard will no longer be the right length. I just put a longer scabbard on it to cover the excess.
Thanks again for the info, was these the model numbers you used or different if you can remember?
1135 664 0501
1135 664 0500

Those are the bumper spikes called out for the 362 and I will order them or pick them up if they have them tomorrow if those are the ones you used.

Thanks again for the info, was these the model numbers you used or different if you can remember?
1135 664 0501
1135 664 0500

Those are the bumper spikes called out for the 362 and I will order them or pick them up if they have them tomorrow if those are the ones you used.

Just went and looked at my saw. Those are correct PNs for the big spikes

Just went and looked at my saw. Those are correct PNs for the big spikes
Hey thanks BlueLude, is your MS362 also in the Stihl case with no issues? I wanted to pick them up from day one, but was told they would interfere with it going in the case and keeping the saw protected was more important to me than the nicer spikes.

No case here on my saw. Stihls description says it won't house full wrapped bar saws and that's what I have so I didn't bother with it.

Yeah, none of the R's will fit in the case. Will supposedly take a 461 "non-R", but I've yet to try it. The 661R sure won't fit.
Yep know all about the Rs' not working, however 441 C-MQ will not work in the case unless you modify the case, now the lid will close but you mashing down on the brake handle and can feel it when closing the lid. I tried mine in 5 different Stihl cases and same result each time so I said screw it modified a duffel bag and added the R conversion to it.

Well I was at my stihl dealer this morning talking to them about a 661r and was pumped to see a 661 in. Anyways they are not happy about the 661 said I should find a 660 because they can't buy anymore. They were saying that the ignition is from husky and really don't trust the mtronic. They've had them for a few weeks and haven't sold one only 660's.

Well I was at my stihl dealer this morning talking to them about a 661r and was pumped to see a 661 in. Anyways they are not happy about the 661 said I should find a 660 because they can't buy anymore. They were saying that the ignition is from husky and really don't trust the mtronic. They've had them for a few weeks and haven't sold one only 660's.
Wow. Guess none of them have run the 661 yet. Or any of the other M-tronic saws for that matter. Badmouthing the product like that, no wonder they have not sold any. Maybe they have a bunch of 660's they need to get sold. Yikes.

Wow. Guess none of them have run the 661 yet. Or any of the other M-tronic saws for that matter. Badmouthing the product like that, no wonder they have not sold any. Maybe they have a bunch of 660's they need to get sold. Yikes.
That is exactly what I was thinking the way my M-tronic starts I do not know how they could be bad mouthing them and think they have some 660s' they are sitting on wanting to clear out before stocking the 661.

The 2 660's they have are spoken for they've been trying to get more 660's. I think it's more the change than really bad mouthing.

Sounds like badmouthing to me. Let me ask you this: Did you go in looking for a 661? If so, did you walk out with one? Had you been thinking about getting one, and if so, are you less likely to get one now because of the seeds that they planted in your head? Have you run a M-tronic, or AT saw? I don't mean cutting cookies at the dealer, but been out all day cutting with one?

Either these guys have no clue of which they speak, or they have ulterior motives to steer you and other customers away from some excellent saws. Either way, I think its time you found a better dealer.

Sounds like badmouthing to me. Let me ask you this: Did you go in looking for a 661? If so, did you walk out with one? Had you been thinking about getting one, and if so, are you less likely to get one now because of the seeds that they planted in your head? Have you run a M-tronic, or AT saw? I don't mean cutting cookies at the dealer, but been out all day cutting with one?

Either these guys have no clue of which they speak, or they have ulterior motives to steer you and other customers away from some excellent saws. Either way, I think its time you found a better dealer.
I did go in looking to buy one and I didn't leave with one I just have a hard time dropping that kind of coin on anything. I have not ran an AT/Mtronic saw, but I can relate to the guys by having a hard time trusting those kind of carbs. For the dealers they are the only stihl dealer on the island i live on. All this I still think they are trying to lead there customers in the right direction weather right or wrong they are good people.

I think old school dealers are just afraid of new tech when it comes out. because they are not used to them. MT problems are far and few between!! MT has been on the 441's close to 5 years already.

The dealer I bought my 1st MT saw at (over a year ago) was trying to push a non MT saw on me! He said he had never sold a MT saw before, telling me you cant adjust the carb this & adjust the carb that. I told him you dont need to :) He didn't wanna sell me a MT saw, but I pushed and he ordered one from the distributor, I never had any problems with it, I make sure to tell him that every time I go in there. He just laughs and says there is no holes for a screwdriver :)

I could not be happier with my latest MT saw, the 661. It's only on tank 8, and is really waking up nice!!

6611.jpg.jpg

6612.jpg.jpg

Latest posts

Back