Inspiration for my new MS661R C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO, putting a 8pin on a 362, ported or not, is foolish, it just does not have the grunt for that. Now if your talking a ported 660 (or similar) running a 24" bar, that is a different story!

Another questions, I have seen several wrap handle 362s out there, but never a wrap handle 562, do they make them???

IMO, putting a 8pin on a 362, ported or not, is foolish, it just does not have the grunt for that. Now if your talking a ported 660 (or similar) running a 24" bar, that is a different story!

Another questions, I have seen several wrap handle 362s out there, but never a wrap handle 562, do they make them???
Mike the 8 pin will run on a 24 bar with the 362 ported no problem but the key is the semi skip square filed at the right angle. About 30 to 35 . Full comp chain is too much for it. I use the 24 bar on the 362 for reach mostly as I never bury it but I have and it works fine with the right setup but 7 pin does make more sense. Actually Randy was the one who told me the 362c after porting would love the 8 pin but I agree the 7 pin would be better on the 24 b/c

It all depends on the size wood I will cut and I like longer bars for the reach as my lower back aches with short bars. I plan on putin the 7 pin on the ported 362 with the 24 Sugihara. I have a Sugihara 20" but I prefer the 24"

It all depends on the size wood I will cut and I like longer bars for the reach as my lower back aches with short bars. I plan on putin the 7 pin on the ported 362 with the 24 Sugihara. I have a Sugihara 20" but I prefer the 24"

I think i have a little westcoast in me keith...i would put a 28 on a 60 cc saw if i was walkin up trees all day knockin limbs off..i wouldnt buck much big wood with it because of the oiler...but id do it for the weight savings and for my back to not be sore

You most definitely want a 7-pin on a 362. Save those for only your strongest 90+cc saw.

Yes mike 562's are available with wraps

By that I mean that the construction doesn't seem to be as well thought out as with the 661. Seems to have lots more exposed bolts and the air filter set up isn't as nice.
Gotcha. That would be because the 661 is a completely new saw. The 461 is a 460 with a few parts replaced. That's a significant part of why I like the 461 so much:rock:

Latest posts

Back