Earthquake 22ton

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone out there have an earthquake 22ton splitter. I saw their 12 ton model was not to well liked but anyone try this one? Price seems ok. http://tc-store.com/w2265v65hp22tonlogsplitter.aspx thanks in advance.

I have their 27t, 13hp version. Looks like the same frame/beam assembly but mine has a 4.5" cylinder, 13hp chinese made honda clone engine and a 16gpm pump. Issues- cheap tires porous, leaked from new. Wheel bearings probably not good for highway speeds. Cap on hydro tank does not seal resulting in a big mess of oil and wood/dust/bark debris around the cap.

Customer service was good, sent out replacement tire/wheel assemblies right away, and later sent a new engine out when original developed a ignition problem after up to operating temperature - replacement has been problem free. Honda clone noiser and more vibrations than the real thing. Electric start is nice, (probably not on the 22t version?).

Beam/toe plate seems heavy enough, much better than their 12t version.
cycle time seems about average. log cradle sheet metal has dented up a bit but performs its purpose. One of the fenders has cracked the welds at a seam, (did I mention the Honda clone vibrates alot..)

The price was right...

Back