Easier to ask

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Four Paws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Ha, I'm lazy and my quick search didn't turn up what I was after so I am asking you Husky/Jonsy experts.

I have a 49SP that I need a piston kit for. According to Jonsered, they are out of production. I can save the piston, but I still need a ring. Will a Husky 350 ring work? Both saws are 44mm - seems llike a possibility.

Now, I have located what I think is a NOS replacement piston kit, however a visual comparison in the morning will tell yes or no. Either way, I would like to know if there is a retro-fit ring I can use, or buy several of for use in the future.

I do have a Mahle part number on the piston 44L21 cast into backside of skirt. 4396 stamped into dome, as well as 513M117.

Thanks for the help. Like the design of this saw - hell for stout!

Josh

Well, I will answer my own question as I am sure it will help at least one Jonsered 49SP owner who reads it! A Husky 350 piston kit will NOT work in the 49SP. The wrist pin diameter is WAY bigger on the Jonsered. Now, the Husky 350 ring will work! Fit the old single ring piston like a glove.

Back