Easy dolmar 5100/5105/510/460 muffler mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the muffler on tonight and made some cuts. One complaint folks have about these saws is the throttle response. It's quite sluggish. For that alone the modded muffler is worth it. It doesn't spool up like my small three series Huskies with an enlarged stock outlet, but it is much improved. It felt stronger in the cut as well. The noise is not an issue. I had a dual outlet ported 5100s that was pretty obnoxious, but this muffler is very livable. Honestly the most noticable difference is a little snarl at idle. I'm pleased with it.
When you replaced the cat muffler with the noncat 5100 muffler ,did you have or see any issues with the top cover melting? I bought a non cat and was noticing the exit will blow against the top cover.

When you replaced the cat muffler with the noncat 5100 muffler ,did you have or see any issues with the top cover melting? I bought a non cat and was noticing the exit will blow against the top cover.
Nope, I think the flywheel blows air through there in a way that makes the exhaust not exit to the rear. I've never had an issue.

Latest posts

Back