ebay auction advertisements

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

should this board be used for advertising personal ebay auctions

• yes

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • no

Votes: 31 64.6%

• Total voters

Vman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
just a poll to ask if you understand this board is NOT for advertising your ebay auctions.

Chopwood said:
Like I said on the other thread by MBM. List it here first with a time limit, then on an auction site.
i agree, though do not post the auction addy/info in the thread if the item does not sell here.

Vman said:
i agree, though do not post the auction addy/info in the thread if the item does not sell here.

I agree with that, added to Chopwoods post. I always thought that was the protocol here anyway.

I dont see nothing wrong with listing Ebay stuff.If somebody is looking for somthing and somebody finds it on ebay I feel that it would just be helping some one.That is what the A.S. is all about. If I am looking for something and post it.Then some one finds it on Ebay that would be great if they posted it. But to just list all kinds of B,S. the site could live with out it.

Thanks,

Rick Helsel

HELSEL AND TIMBERMASTER....i agree with you both, i just do not see it being right to advertize your own ebay auction here. advertizing here for personal ebay auctions to me seems "out of bounds"......what do the sponsors pay for? nothing?

If someone posts a saw or parts here for a reasonable amount of time, say five days, and it doesn't sell, why not let them then post a link to eBayware? As long as they made a real effort to sell it here first.

Of all the things that keep me up at night, I'd say worrying about someone knowing if they can post an ebay link on Asite has to rank at the top.

spacemule said:
Of all the things that keep me up at night, I'd say worrying about someone knowing if they can post an ebay link on Asite has to rank at the top.
hey SPACEMULE, i am just curious why the sponsors MUST PAY for their advertizing, the people auctioning on ebay must pay ebay, should they pay here too for advertizing their auction? advertizing auctions is different than selling/posting an item on the board. i am not very fond of people taking advantage of things while others are being ripped off....that is the reason taxes are sooo high for one example. are the sponsors being ripped off?
if you have problems sleeping at night, i can reccomend some good Rx's :laugh:

I Link Ebay Auctions here all the time.Although there not my items i run across them and think someone here would be interested.I'll get Darins Imput on whether you should be allowed to Advertise your own items.I dont really see why it would be a problem if its not a dealer It's just like selling it on A/S.As long as its a regularly contributing member and not a new member just using A/S to advertise.

Vman said:
just a poll to ask if you understand this board is NOT for advertising your ebay auctions.

That's kind of a loaded question wouldn't you say? " Answer yes or no, if you answer yes you're wrong"

This poll should be taken of the paying sponsors. I'm sure Bailey's and everyone else is really pissed at me muscleing in on thier 1/2" chain and Wasp chainsaw markets. Oh wait this stuff isn't even made anymore. I know at least one sponsor who doesn't mind, in fact is glad that I'm posting my vintage stuff on here. I can see the problem if all I did was spam the place with unrelated ebay auctions but I haven't I've posted 2 things in more than a month. I can't really justify paying sponsership fees when I'm not a business and sell things that I randomly find at auctions.

I buy and sell items on ebay, I have also bought and sold items on AS, I do not advertise my ebay auctions here on AS because I am not a sponsor of the site and respect the fact that sponsors pay a fee to keep AS running so I can get info I need, when I need it. I have posted items for sale on AS with a statement saying if not sold within 5 -7 days it will go on ebay, but I do not agree with cross selling. If an item that I posted for sale on AS did not sell within the time limit or if it does sell I will ask the Mods to delete the thread so there is no confusion. I believe that most of the folks that are viewing threads at AS are also capable of finding items on Ebay without any help. JMHO for what its worth.

I will add my little 2 cents worth in on this. The way I look at this is if you post links of your own items or even sell something through this site, you should consider a donation to arboristsite.com through pay pal.

You can look at it one of a few ways. If this site wasn't here, I personally would still be in the dark ages. Alot of the fellas and Ladies have helped me out. There is some good people I have met through this site. I have looked for items through this site and I have sold some items through this site.

So the way I see it, if something is abused, it will stop. If you give a donation, then maybe it will be looked at different. I personally feel that its the right thing to do because the site is the reason I made the sell, but thats me. I know the site has some rules on selling and they have fees for small sellers. That is an option also.

Curt

I see nothing wrong with E-bay links, I think it’s a great way for members to get clued in on good deals.
It appears thoug like someone is jealous, and is to too lazy to do anything but complain.
Sad.

brncreeper said:
It appears thoug like someone is jealous, and is to too lazy to do anything but complain.
Sad.
jealous??..... :laugh: too lazy?.....:laugh: i am not a moderator or i would. there is a difference between "having something for sale" and "advertising an auction". does eBay get paid to advertise your auction? sorry, i am a person with morals of right and wrong, fair and unfair....not jealousy and laziness. i feel MOTOBOYMATT and MACDADDY ran a fair and square gig in the way they did their latest posts.......just coming here and and saying..."LOOK WHAT I GOT ON EBAY" is not the way to do it, but that is just my opinion.
if u think i am lazy or jealous, u are barking up the wrong tree.
i wash my hands of this issue and retain the pride i have in the type of person i am.
advertise your auctions all u want, the sponsors that pay to keep this site alive are paying for it.

Vman said:
advertise your auctions all u want, the sponsors that pay to keep this site alive are paying for it.

For me that would be the biggest point of this thread. Those guys are paying to sell on this site. But for the record, I have given half or near half of what I have sold on this site to arboristsite.com through pay pal. Which doesn't amount to much but it is the principal. I personally like this site and have alot of good friends on this site. I would like to see it stick around.

Curt

I'd vote no ebay ads. #1) Sponsors pay to advertise here. Its not right to let others advertise for free. #2) At any given time there are thousands of arborist-related items on ebay. The more "here's my ebay auction" posts you have, the lower the signal to noise ratio on the thead will become. People come here to find stuff for sale. If they wanted to see stuff on ebay, then they would go to ebay. With that said, I agree that if an item doesnt sell in a week or two on AS, then the sell should post a note if they go to ebay.

Latest posts

Back