ebaY Ettiquette(sp?)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slabhead

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
when a member says they have a saw or part available on this site, everyone respects that the 1st person to speak for it has "dibs". Why can't this same courtesy be extended to ebay items, so we aren't bidding against each other? Would it help if we changed our ebay names to match our AS handles? OR could we post that we are bidding on an item & express our need for it ,as opposed to our want for it as part of a collection or stockpile of parts?

Etiquette

If I mention an item in open forum I consider it fair game. I have contacted individual members mostly about Shindaiwa products. I've had them look the item over and give me an opinion on it. On other occasions we've contacted each other just to give a head's up that something of interest is available. We have so far pretty much honored the no bid if somebody else expresses an interest in an item, so no problems with this.

I would still think that anything in an open forum would be fair game as there are just too many members to think otherwise.

By the way, this works well with Shindaiwa as most of the members are into other brands. I would hate to mention a good deal on a Stihl or Husqvarna and expect to not get some competition as it seems this is just like ringing a bell for Pavlov's dogs and there is a lot of interest in these brands.

when a member says they have a saw or part available on this site, everyone respects that the 1st person to speak for it has "dibs". Why can't this same courtesy be extended to ebay items, so we aren't bidding against each other? Would it help if we changed our ebay names to match our AS handles? OR could we post that we are bidding on an item & express our need for it ,as opposed to our want for it as part of a collection or stockpile of parts?

If I was going to "give" it to you guys here, why would I put it on e-bay?

Sorry, our mortgage company does not have any AS members there.

If they did, I would still be in the same shape.

I might offer free help here and there, but I still have to pay the bill
collecters.

One thing is sure about working on friend's stuff for free....................

You will have a whole lot of "friends"........................

OK, you're all right. Just a foolish thought on my part.Still looking for the perfect world. BTW I just bought a bunch of 2100 carcasses. Thank you all for not bidding them up!

HaHaHa! where can I buy one of these sniper thingys? I put the bid in w/ 3 seconds left. can the sniper software beat that?

Lake: seriously, if you wanted that bunch, just tell me what you need, & I'll send it. no charge for parts or shipping. Chalk it up to paying it forward for all the help you give others. Maybe there is Karma?

HaHaHa! where can I buy one of these sniper thingys? I put the bid in w/ 3 seconds left. can the sniper software beat that?

Always.... I rarely loose, and I don't have to even be awake or my computer on;)

PM me you real email address.. . let me sign you up (no charges... and I get three free successful snipes...

Back