New kinetic splitter launched by Split Second Log Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No video that I am aware of.
Notwithstanding the excellent written contributions in here, it's a shame such a golden video opportunity, that would have been very useful for this thread, wasn't seized.

A video. I have more but I am having phone problems. There are more videos in the Iowa Fall GTG Charity cut thread. This was a have fun helping others event. Not are race with dangerous equipment.

Mass production! Any idea at all, guesses, on how many cord you guys pumped out?

If you have fairly straight grained pieces you can lift with out hurting your back the kinetic splitters will smoke a hydraulic. However if your wood is mostly string/gnarly pieces, the hydraulic splitter splitter will win.

I disagree. Strongly... If the hydro has a 4 way that is. You may have to wait for the ram to go through but while your waiting you can watch the guy on kinetic fumble around constantly moving the round to get one split per stroke. I agree that in each situation one may end up being faster then the other. One as in either the hydro or kinetic just to make that clear. But when you say a kinetic will "smoke" a hydro. I will call you out directly and say your full of BS... I'm not here to start a pi**ing match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree. Strongly... If the hydro has a 4 way that is. You may have to wait for the ram to go through but while your waiting you can watch the guy on kinetic fumble around constantly moving the round to get one split per stroke. I agree that in each situation one may end up being faster then the other. One as in either the hydro or kinetic just to make that clear. But when you say a kinetic will "smoke" a hydro. I will call you out directly and say your full of BS... I'm not here to start a pi**ing match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, horses for courses.

I bet Tomtrees58 and his TW would kick me and my SS's butts in the sort of wood he plays with and the supporting gear he has compared to me. If not, I bet he could do the same production day after day while I'll be sore for days trying to keep up and would be down to a 'bugger trying to keep up' broken-down wreck by the end of the first week.

That said, in my situation, where there is always six zillion other things to spend the $ on but still needing a decent level of production and being able to leave the uglies until I have time or can dump them in the burn/slash pile, the SS is wonderful.

In the context of comparing this SSLS with SS, as both are kinetics, production is just as valid for some as towability, stability, safety, etc might be for others. On a potential production basis, even accepting the charity cut is not gunning for such, the last few seconds of the video where they show how the SSLS operator has to engage the safety mechanism, the SSLS would appear to me to come second, and not by a split second either. By a country mile. It's actually worse than I first thought, now having actually seen a video of it in action for the first time.

It would be great if there are more videos of it using the log lift, etc so we can compare that feature with the competition. There's certainly merit in such a feature, especially if many rounds can be staged there, easily accessed, and the operator doesn't already have other means of staging logs in such an easy manner or lifting bigger rounds.

Didn't try to start a pissing match with the ss vs a hydro with a good 4 way question. I just know what I can do with my 4way and am happy with it. But I always want to speed the whole process as I've done right around 100 cords the last two years and around 70-75 the previous 5 years before that. When I see videos of the kinetics, I do think you have to work more/faster than I do with my 4 way putting out close to the same amount of wood but looks can be deceiving. Maybe I should start a new thread on the subject so as not to hijack this one.

For goodness sakes, the guy running the SS on the right in video please keep your hands off the front of the log! This is why new splitters have the double handed engagement. I've personally seen two people injure themselves by doing this on hydraulic splitters let alone how fast it happens on the SS.

I added the log lift from Split Second Log Splitters to my super split special edition this weekend. The lift is detachable with three pins. I like having the extra works space / table.

9f80f9a513148771fec249dcdaa28ae1.jpg

c20088ec93055580beb1b30cfc75527f.jpg

460ce6bb1f5fcc2a492ce40680f711d2.jpg

73627be0262fe61c5d11fc2b08f55966.jpg

That looks pretty nice. How much did it set you back?? Are those adjustable stability bars at the end of the table part of the lift kit? I just finish about 3/4 cord of splitting in less than an hour. Easy stuff though. The SS Special Ed. takes all the fun out of splitting wood. I get worn out trying to keep up with the machine. Now I have all this extra time to paint the kitchen. Lucky me.

Back