eBay listed splitters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msjanket

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anybody have direct information about the splitters sold on eBay currently? They ahve 24 and 30 ton units, horizontal and vertical, 9HP Robin Subaru engines. Are they good units that owners are really happy about? What might be their drawbacks, other than local service/warranty issues?

thanks, Mike

Does anybody have direct information about the splitters sold on eBay currently? They ahve 24 and 30 ton units, horizontal and vertical, 9HP Robin Subaru engines. Are they good units that owners are really happy about? What might be their drawbacks, other than local service/warranty issues?

thanks, Mike
Shipping cost will scare you.

Probably the same as Harbor Freight

I don't know if there are any Harbor Freight stores in your area. I think shipping on these would be around $70. You could most likely order one in the store.

http://search.harborfreight.com/cpisearch/web/search.do?keyword=log+splitter&Submit=Go

I haven't heard much good or bad about Robin engines. The pump is pretty standard. I'm sure the cylinders are made in china. They sell warranties on these through HF.

thanks, Mike

As OldFarmer says the shipping will scare you, much better off to buy locally if you can.

On another note about the Robyn Engine made by Subaru. My wife works for a large rental company in the area and we rented their 22 ton splitter last year because she gets 90% off the regular rental. Cost us like $60 for twelve days of use..............and that Robyn engine ran HARD the whole 12 days, all day and never even bleeped.

Back