Echo 440EVL Oiler Removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UPSRandy046

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Can't seem to find what i need on my usual outlets (Google, You tube, Online Manuals) so I'm hoping someone here has the info i need. I have an older 440EVL on which the oiler has stopped working. This is the "screw-type" oiler that has the adjustment screw peeking out under the air filter cover. Long story short - i have a 400 EVL parts saw that appears to use the same oiler, so i was hoping to remove both oilers and swap them between saws to see if that fixes the 440. I just cant find any direction on how to remove the oilers - the videos i found were all for the newer saws, and the so-called service manual that i found for the 440 doesn't seem to show any repairs at all. Help - anyone have good instruction on removing these oilers? I didn't want to just start cranking on the adjustment screw and snap something off.

Just a wild guess but you might want to check the oil lines themselves
Echos rarely need to change the oil pump
Lines looked/felt OK from what i could see without tearing it apart further. Dropped the saws at a local dealer that has been around for decades, so they should be able to sort it out.

Lines looked/felt OK from what i could see without tearing it apart further. Dropped the saws at a local dealer that has been around for decades, so they should be able to sort it out.
Good luck hope its simple they should fix it easily
If doing it yourself or if they ask ,I'd just replace the lines while in there

Back