Echo 4920 and 4910

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only have one strat saw and often run another. They both run upwards of 14,000RPM WOT. They are torches compared to my conventional two strokes. The one I have has lasted a long time though, so nothing conclusive, but plain physics aren’t in its favor.
Your oil regimen is saving those bearings

Home Depot still shows the 4910 as well as the CS400 in stock.

You know I have done a lot of reading on this topic over the years and I don't think there is much downside. A little extra weight, maybe a little more expensive to manufacture. A lot of people are instinctively distrustful of anything that comes from EPA mandates.
I like your profile pic.

Wait it out and Echo has a forty- something cc saw on the European market that is built like the 7310. No auto tune, and I almost remember it not being strato but not 100 on that. That is one I’ll be after if it hits our market.
Do you think they will actually import those models? I was looking at their lineup lately an I noticed they have nothing in their "X Series" between 25-50cc's. That's a big gap.
Also, is there a compelling case for the 4910/4920 when there is the 501P instead?

Do you think they will actually import those models? I was looking at their lineup lately an I noticed they have nothing in their "X Series" between 25-50cc's. That's a big gap.
Also, is there a compelling case for the 4910/4920 when there is the 501P instead?
It’s hard to say what they will do. Echo’s run off saws are all over the place right now. They are currently producing saws from a few different generations. The smaller models like the cs400 are hold overs from the mid 2000’s and the cs680 is from the early 2000’s before there was even mention of all the “X Series” stuff. The 60cc platform (cs590/620) are from the early 2010’s. I feel like they got rid of the best stuff from the early 2000’s. Last to go was the 450p, which was a fantastic saw. They ran that chassis up to 50cc saws for a while and they were great, sturdy saws. When the 490/510’s took their place, I could just never get on board. I’m also not impressed with the new clamshell stuff in the 40-45cc range. I do think they are headed in a good direction with the 4310 and 7310 saws though. Whether they bring us a pro 43cc? Who knows. I think they would eventually. I think it would do well. People everywhere are getting more savvy to echo.

@LuDookie here is some info I saved on the 621SX I read about over winter. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/echo/echo-621-620/

Wish they would do a air filter upgrade on the 501SX https://www.echotools.com/en_us/products/chain-saws/chain-saw/cs-501sx_37
That’s interesting. What market (country) is that site from? Better options than the US. That 525 model is the one I spoke of in my last post. It’s a clam shell but the entire chassis, oil tank and all, is metal. Those saws were really good. I liked them a l lot more than the newer 490/501.

They have the 355t and 361P 36cc saws, which are great performers and are marketed as professional saws, but don't have the "X" designation. Possibly because they predate the "X" series?

They have the 355t and 361P 36cc saws, which are great performers and are marketed as professional saws, but don't have the "X" designation. Possibly because they predate the "X" series?
Ah, good call. I get the impression they are restructuring their lineup lately. Instead of being known as the best "prosumer" manufacturer they want a clear split between pro and homeowner. I have read similar accounts on their other equipment.

Ah, good call. I get the impression they are restructuring their lineup lately. Instead of being known as the best "prosumer" manufacturer they want a clear split between pro and homeowner. I have read similar accounts on their other equipment.
I wonder if they’ll do a makeover of the 590/620 saws. They have been around in their current form for over 10 years.

They are still producing the 680 and it’s been around in that shape for around 20 years. It’s got a small cult following but I’m sure it will disappear soon. I used it yesterday to cut miles of big oak. It’s a Kioritz machine through and through, no Shindaiwa influence. The Shindaiwa saws back then were good too but they had their very own designs up until more recent years. I wish I would have bought some of them.

X series designation is usually given for professional equipment that has one or more "best in class" features (weight, power, torque or combination of those).
Meaning all X are pro, but not all pro are X.

Latest posts

Back