ECHO 590 Timber Wolf

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Random video comparisons mostly are useless, as way to many variables aren't properly eliminated, or there are no info about them. The chain usually are the most important variable to eliminate, but then there are carb setting and the operator, and more.

This does of course also mean that they are very easy to "manipulate" to "prove" anything you want to - if you have an agenda......
Well the same can be said about everything here on this site and I am astonished to read such comments from you! Because there is simply no objective criteria on better balance, better manuverability, etc. of the so famed husqvarna line. All this is simply subjective and easily "manipulated if you have an agenda...". And we all know that you are from a scadinavien country so local loyalty is all to obvious! You are clearly discrediting with these sentences all the videos of brad, the monkey and all others because they also all have an agenda. They sell their profession!!!

This argumentation is becomming more and more embarissing.

Oh well obviously it is easy to look from a distance and judge.
icon_tra_005.gif

The problem usually lies with the dealer. A lot of dealers are putting them as replacemtn options for the 555/562. I've used the 555, 562, and have tried the 590. It really isnt a fair comparison. I put the 590 closer to a replacement for the likes of a 455/460 or 290/390. It felt like it would be a fine saw, just it really doesnt compete with the pro level 60ish cc saws like the 555/562. If you've been running a 562, you'll likely be disappointed. However, if you've been cutting all your firewood with a ms290 or 455 rancher, I would bet money that you'll like this saw, with a 5 year warranty to boot.

If it runs, after a MM, with a ported 361, that alone is a strong statement! And yes I am sure joe homeowner is going to love this saw!

Ya, I truly think that a ton of people are going to love this saw. It needs to be compared to other saws truly in its class. Sometimes on this site homeowner saws get lumped together with pro saws. For example, for someone who cuts up a fallen tree on 2 acres of property or cuts a 1/4 cord of wood a year for a firepit really need an $800 pro saw? Would he be happy with one? More than likely but if he never knew they existed, I but he'd love a husky 450 or stihl just as well. Now I'm a huge advocate of pro saws, but I also understand the place of homeowner saws as well.

The problem with the 590 is that I think it actually fits between the 455/460 class of saws and the 555/562 class. Might make a great one saw plan for the light firewood cutter or the like.

That is as far as I understood, also it's projected customer. Typical joe firewooder cutting the wood for his home. And yes the typical recomendation for a harvestor or else you can't cut a chord is kind of absent of reality.

The problem usually lies with the dealer. A lot of dealers are putting them as replacemtn options for the 555/562. I've used the 555, 562, and have tried the 590. It really isnt a fair comparison. I put the 590 closer to a replacement for the likes of a 455/460 or 290/390. It felt like it would be a fine saw, just it really doesnt compete with the pro level 60ish cc saws like the 555/562. If you've been running a 562, you'll likely be disappointed. However, if you've been cutting all your firewood with a ms290 or 455 rancher, I would bet money that you'll like this saw, with a 5 year warranty to boot.
Was that 590 tuned, muff modded and broke in with a good chain. If not I can see that you not impressed as it has no where near the power it will after spending 15 minutes. I still don't know why Echo puts those clogged up muffs on their saws, maybe the extra back pressure helps them get by the EPA regs . My 50cc Echo saws cut way faster than a 290 or 455, not even close. Far as durability Echo saws a known for it. Steve

Compareable performance can be easily obtained from the 590/600 to be able to run with the 562 or 362 etc. Because of the pro platform.msrp on the 562xp is $729.a timberwolf that will cut the same amount of wood is $400.thats nearly a $329 savings.$329 would cover some port work later on if you get bored.im sure still not compareable to a ported 562 but still a fun firewood saw.;)

OK, in a fair comparison would a mm'd 590 beat the mm'd 562? Will the ported 590 beat the ported 562? I'd be knocked flat on me arse if it did. There's a reason that 562xp demands the premium price. It is truly ok for the 590 not to be a flat out competitor against it, it was not designed to be from my understanding.

Also remember that by porting the saw, you give up your 5 year warranty, which in my opinion is the biggest plus for the 590!

OK, in a fair comparison would a mm'd 590 beat the mm'd 562? Will the ported 590 beat the ported 562? I'd be knocked flat on me arse if it did. There's a reason that 562xp demands the premium price. It is truly ok for the 590 not to be a flat out competitor against it, it was not designed to be from my understanding.

The 590 is going to gain a lot more than a 562 with a muff modd, seems like theres a vid of just a muff modded 590 running close(not beating it but close enough) to a ported 361. After you run a 590 that's tuned , muff modded,broke in with a good chain report back. Steve

You'll have to ask those who made the video. As far as I understood he is also known as Andyshine77.

And here is the european version of the 600 up against a 560. Both unmodded but the 620 is brand new.

Is it cutting that much faster? Echo saws have torque and will be taking bigger chips than the high RPM saws proved by the cutting speed. Steve
The size of the chips will be determined by the chain. Is the Echo using a more aggressive chain than the Stihl in that video?

The size of the chips are determined by how hard you can lean on it and Echo saws have the torque to lean on them, does anyone think a 361 will hold it's high RPM if you lean on it. I'll take a saw with a nice wide power band any day over one that can't hold it's rpm soon as you lean on it. Steve

I have been looking for another saw in the 60cc range for use around my farm and for firewood cutting. I have always been a Stihl guy, but thought about a Husky 555 this go around. I stopped by my local dealer to look at one and he got to talking to me about the ECHO Timber Wolf as well. He had a brand new saw he gassed, oiled and said have at it out back if you want. I took the saw and made several cuts on different size Oak logs he had. I was very impressed with this saw and think it would be perfect for my needs. He priced it to me $399 and an extra chain, he also said it had a 5 year warranty. After running the saw, I think it would be hard to beat for my needs and all it has to offer. Seems to have pretty good reviews from what I have read on here. Think I may have to get one, a couple hundred cheaper than the Husky 555 as well. I cut 12-15 cords of firewood per year and usually anymore, nothing bigger than 20" to 24". A family member "borrowed" my Stihl's from me, never could find them. So this will be used with my new MS271, just don't have the budget to replace my PRO saws and really probably don't need them for my purposes now. What do you guys think about these Timber Wolf saws?
Get the Echo and don't look back , I have several Stihl saws and my Echo CS600P is just as good as the Stihls and I don't have to take a backup saw and say three hail Mary's hoping the Echo chainsaw actually starts , as for the Husqvarna I cant comment as I wont lower myself to buy one .

Latest posts

Back