ECHO 590 Timber Wolf

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get the Echo and don't look back , I have several Stihl saws and my Echo CS600P is just as good as the Stihls and I don't have to take a backup saw and say three hail Mary's hoping the Echo chainsaw actually starts , as for the Husqvarna I cant comment as I wont lower myself to buy one .

People like you piss me off. I am not brand bias at all, at the PA GTG my favorite saws there were a husky and a Jonsered. I also had my stock 545 and made a ms261 look like a toy! My chain was pretty sharp though.... must have been the chain.

The 590 is the price point competition for the farm/ranch saws. It isn't supposed to be the competition for the ms362 or 562xp.

With that said, I have absolutely no doubt I could cruise here in Georgia with a 40/60/80 echo three saw plan, 14 inch to 36 inch bars.

Chip size will be determined by both the raker height and how hard you lean on your saw, every one knows if you lean hard on any 60cc saw it will stop dead so this RPM in the cut is bs. The vids above prove that Echo saws hold their own against Stihls best. The Echo is turning slower but you can bet it's taking bigger chips either by leaning on it more or maybe the rakers are lower and it can handle lower rakeres with more torque. You Stihl and Husky people need to take off those orange glasses so you can see clearly . I own pro Stihl and Husky saws also and find no faster cutting speed cc for cc or if one is faster it's 1/2 second one way or another. Steve

People like you piss me off. I am jot brand bias at all, at the PA GTG my favorite saws there were a husky and a Jonsered. I also had my stock 545 and made a ms261 look like a toy! My chain was pretty sharp though.... must have been the chain.

I'd like to see a vid of that both with sharp chains, made a 261 look like a toy?? Steve

People like you piss me off. I am jot brand bias at all, at the PA GTG my favorite saws there were a husky and a Jonsered. I also had my stock 545 and made a ms261 look like a toy! My chain was pretty sharp though.... must have been the chain.
It sounds a little bit like bias after all, but then again what do I know...
I'd like to see a vid of that both with sharp chains, made a 261 look like a toy?? Steve
No I don't want to see it. It will only be ugly... :laugh:

I am not brand biased either I just have no interest in a Husqvarna .

This is starting to get almost comical. Has anybody other than me run both a 555/562 and a 590 right off the shelf? Not to mention, are we in a pissing contest about stock saws or race ready pro modifieds?

The fact is Echo saws need muff modding and tuning off the shelf, neither will help a 555 or 562 that much. The vids above have a 590 just muff modded running against a ported 361 and not that far behind. I think every one agrees off the shelf the 590 is only so so but makes huge improvements with a muff modd and tuning. The comical thing is people with Husky and Stihl shorts on trying to bash a good saw like the 590. Steve

Isnt the 562xp a stratocharged saw? The comparison is way off base anyway.everyone is comparing apples to oranges.the 590/600 would be better compared to the non strato charged to the 359/357xp and ms360.same basic two stroke design without the new fangled bells and whistles.
This is funny though.it goes from what should be a friendly discussion to a heated debate.lol

Open your eyes, watch the vids. Echo has been the bang for the buck for quite a while. Steve
At the risk of sounding rude, you need to open your eyes and read all my previous posts in this thread. You'll find that I already deemed it a great bang for the buck saw. Where I have a problem is those trying to classify it with saws it was never intended to compete against.

l would buy a 590 timberwolf for $399 with5 year warranty, you would almost be crazy not too. lts funny when it comes to brands around here experts jump in from all angles with huge varience in opinion often based on somebody else's opinion. One thing l have noticed is this...anyone who actually OWNS a 590 says its a good saw and do NOT regret their purchase. Opinions about opinions don't count and hold no wieght. Get that timberwolf and don't look back. Echo know a thing or two about small 2 cycle engines, they have made a few of them.

At the risk of sounding rude, you need to open your eyes and read all my previous posts in this thread. You'll find that I already deemed it a great bang for the buck saw. Where I have a problem is those trying to classify it with saws it was never intended to compete against.

The fact is it runs real close to those saws, watch the vids. Steve

LOL.... Sorry guys did not mean to get you all pissed at each other. Just wanted some honest opinions on a couple nice reliable saws that I really new nothing about, for cutting firewood for my home and my parents. I am not a profeesional logger and don't think I need a race saw. Dang I hate to ask my next question...... after I decide on a saw, should I haul it around in a Ford, Dodge or Chevy? Do i build the motor to haul the wood around, or leave it stock? Lift or no lift? Hmmmmm.....Thanks for all your replies, they were interesting to say the least.

LOL.... Sorry guys did not mean to get you all pissed at each other. Just wanted some honest opinions on a couple nice reliable saws that I really new nothing about, for cutting firewood for my home and my parents. I am not a profeesional logger and don't think I need a race saw. Dang I hate to ask my next question...... after I decide on a saw, should I haul it around in a Ford, Dodge or Chevy? Do i build the motor to haul the wood around, or leave it stock? Lift or no lift? Hmmmmm.....Thanks for all your replies, they were interesting to say the least.
You've got it. The echo is fine, benefits from a muffler mod more than most. Probably isn't the best 60cc saw ever made, but you'll never notice unless you have them in your hands back to back. There is more performance difference in how sharp your chain is than there is in these saws.
We all agree that we'd prefer the echo to a new stihl or husky option at the same price. If it isn't earning you money (or you have a serious chainsaw hobby) I struggle to see how you can justify a pro husky or stihl saw new.

Don't feel bad! This is normal! What has me wondering more is why it took so long?! Normaly we are at this stage after the fourth post.... :eek: And I believe that you have understood the essence of this lively exchange of love and respect... :laugh:

If I may add a further comment, you have no idea about trucks you need an iveco! :chop::D

LOL. Definitely not pissed. Just trying to get people to be sensible. Here's the rock bottom what I believe undisputible truth. The 590 will cut a crap ton of firewood. You'll more than likely love it. However, if your budget allows it, the 562 is a better performing saw garunteed to put a smile on your face. And we can sit here and argue about performance between the two, but the one thing that can't be changed is the weight and balance between the two.

So basically if money is of concern on the purchase, that 590 will put a lot of wood on the ground, should be a good saw for you, and comes with a 5 year warranty. If money isn't as tight as some other folk, that 562xp you will not regret. You really can't go wrong with either.

Back