Echo 701 VL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Reaction score
Looking for a muffler for Echo 701 VL for a friends saw. Does any other mufflers fit? Like from a Echo 650 etc?

Hey, I got a JD 70 that I've kept for parts. I think it's the same as a 701. Where are ya in Ohio? I'm down by the Rogers flea market and auction. I'm in need of an ignition sys for an Echo 400evl. Drop me a line, maybe I can help with the muffler.

I will ask him if he still needs a muffler, I am guessing yes. He stated his muffler has fell apart into several peices. PM me with price and shipping cost so I can pass it on, or just post it here. Going by mikes site they could use the same muffler. I dont know though.

Last edited:
I saw Jay today with the JD saw, maybe your friends muffler can be welded back like new, or a new one fabbed from his old one...Bob

Welding

Bob Wright said:
I saw Jay today with the JD saw, maybe your friends muffler can be welded back like new, or a new one fabbed from his old one...Bob
I talked to him and he stated he will try welding muffler back together. If it dont work or he lets me know he still needs muffler I will update post.

Hello Timbermaster, I guess my response was a false alarm. After talking with Bob the other night, I came home and started getting my saws all organized, and could NOT find the JD! I really don't know what I did with it! I don't remember selling it, so I guess I better start looking at my dads. I hope I stored it on one of his shelves. Sorry I couldn't help you out. It's Hell when your whiskers get white and your memory gets short! Like the song says, " I'm not as good as I once was, But I'm as good once as I ever was! " Sure hope I find that saw. Talk with ya later, Jay

No problem. Know what you mean about the white whiskers and memory. Also, Thanks for your time looking. He stated he was going to try the welded route now and almost got his pennies ready to by the echo 670 with 24" for the full time firewood duties. The 701 will then just be a backup.

Latest posts

Back