Echo cs-310 chain moves at idle, stalls after throttle let off

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreyJ45

Reaction score
Hi, when I start it the chain starts to move. When I hit the throttle it revs too high, and then when I let off the throttle it stalls.

I recently acquired this saw, which is fairly new and lightly used. It had gas left in it a couple years. I changed out the fuel and it ran fine for an hour or two. Next time I used it, it wouldn't start. I took apart the carburetor and cleaned it, and now am at this point and not sure what to do. Any tips here? Thanks

Hi, when I start it the chain starts to move. When I hit the throttle it revs too high, and then when I let off the throttle it stalls.

I recently acquired this saw, which is fairly new and lightly used. It had gas left in it a couple years. I changed out the fuel and it ran fine for an hour or two. Next time I used it, it wouldn't start. I took apart the carburetor and cleaned it, and now am at this point and not sure what to do. Any tips here? Thanks
Trey- Not an expert by any means, but since no one else replied I will. Sounds like your just need to adjust the Idler Screw and Carb. Here is a good video on how to do it.

Back