Echo CS 450

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think you have your CS530 muff modded, these saws gain a lot with that but if I remember right you don't want the extra noise, you could mod it a bit to get up to the same noise level as your 346 . I don't know about the sound level difference between your 346 and 530 but I'd bet the 530 is quite a bit quieter. Steve

My 530 isn't modded either, and it cuts just fine. My saws are tools as far as I'm concerned and I really see no need to mod them for work. At the end of a week of saw work, a 10% increase in production doesn't make a lot of sense to me. In fact, the older I get a 10% decrease seems more and more attractive in this heat and humidity. :)

Thanks for a honest reply! I'd still like to try a Echo, I've looked at plenty but never ran one.

I don't think you have your CS530 muff modded, these saws gain a lot with that but if I remember right you don't want the extra noise, you could mod it a bit to get up to the same noise level as your 346 . I don't know about the sound level difference between your 346 and 530 but I'd bet the 530 is quite a bit quieter. Steve

Yes, you are correct, no muff mod. Limiters are clipped. REJ2

I havent used my Echo cs 370 that much infact i think theres only been 2 tanks thru it. Im still running it rich til 3 or 4 tanks. I love it, im very happy with it. Im not happy about the price i paid for it though i gave right at $300 for my saw.

Im getting a bigger saw soon i think im going with a Cs 680 just cause all the haters, it just fits in my price range alot more. Since im not really commercial i see no need to spend high dollar on a stihl or husky when the Echo can compete along side of them.

I havent used my Echo cs 370 that much infact i think theres only been 2 tanks thru it. Im still running it rich til 3 or 4 tanks. I love it, im very happy with it. Im not happy about the price i paid for it though i gave right at $300 for my saw.

Im getting a bigger saw soon i think im going with a Cs 680 just cause all the haters, it just fits in my price range alot more. Since im not really commercial i see no need to spend high dollar on a stihl or husky when the Echo can compete along side of them.

:agree2::agree2::bowdown::bowdown::cheers::cheers: i have been running the crap out of my 370 the last few days. with the 14" bar, it screams

Last edited:
:agree2::agree2::bowdown::bowdown::cheers::cheers: i have been running the crap out of my 370 the last few days. with the 14" bar, it screams

I was thinking about a 14" bar on mine when i get a bigger saw, but i dunno.

I'd be looking at a CS600p off Ebay for just over $400, one of the best buys out there right now. Steve

I'd be looking at a CS600p off Ebay for just over $400, one of the best buys out there right now. Steve

I searched for a few on there a few weeks ago nothing turned up????

Would it run good with a 24" bar on it? 60cc seems a bit small for the bigger bars dont ya think?

Last edited:
I searched for a few on there a few weeks ago nothing turned up????

Would it run good with a 24" bar on it? 60cc seems a bit small for the bigger bars dont ya think?

I'd sure run a 20" bar for everyday use, if you had a 48" log to cut it would do it but not zip right through it like a 20" would. Keep youreye on Ebay , they do show up for a little over $400 quite often, no better buy out there right now, maybe a Home Depot 6401 Makita for a little over $200 off rental. Steve

I'd sure run a 20" bar for everyday use, if you had a 48" log to cut it would do it but not zip right through it like a 20" would. Keep youreye on Ebay , they do show up for a little over $400 quite often, no better buy out there right now, maybe a Home Depot 6401 Makita for a little over $200 off rental. Steve

Ya i like the Makita, seems like the most customizable saw out there.

Guys,

Check out my other thread "Echo cs 450 muffler pictures"

The EPA has definitely smartened up about chain saw modding...

Back