Echo cs 490

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine now has the muff opened and and the front of the deflector cut out and retuned after 5 or 6 tanks. Its a strong saw and keeps getting stronger iv been told 8 to 10 tanks before they start giving all they have. I find my cs590 sits till the wood gets to big for the 16" bar on the 490. Mostly oak and other hard woods around me and this saw will pull the 16 with full chisle barried all day and not complain. I'll get pics up of the muff and deflector mod in the morning.

Mine now has the muff opened and and the front of the deflector cut out and retuned after 5 or 6 tanks. Its a strong saw and keeps getting stronger iv been told 8 to 10 tanks before they start giving all they have. I find my cs590 sits till the wood gets to big for the 16" bar on the 490. Mostly oak and other hard woods around me and this saw will pull the 16 with full chisle barried all day and not complain. I'll get pics up of the muff and deflector mod in the morning.
The 490/500 are really close to the same. Saw. I love how light they are. And there well built. That said though there one of the worst PRO 50cc I've ran in stock form. However with just a little work there a huge gain saw. Starting with the MM which makes a really good difference.

The 490/500 are really close to the same. Saw. I love how light they are. And there well built. That said though there one of the worst PRO 50cc I've ran in stock form. However with just a little work there a huge gain saw. Starting with the MM which makes a really good difference.
so a base gasket delete with the stock numbers is not really helpfull ?

IMG_20160421_074056.jpg So this is my muff that tube sits under the spark screen the rest of the muff is empty. Pull tube, cut the front of deflector out, retune. Runs much better once I opened it up.

Latest posts

Back