Echo CS-4910 Oiler?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAWoodsman

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
My 4910 has an adjustable oiler. The oil tank holds 9.5fl oz anf the gas tank hold 16.4fl oz.
I know the rule of thumb is to have your oil and gas run out at about the same time.
I have also heard guys say to run the Oiler full open. If i do this, the saw rips thru oil, 2-3 tanks to a tank of gas. At about half way open, its about 2 tanks of oil to a tank of gas.

So my question is, do you tweak this to get the 1:1 oil to gas fill up knowing there is roughly 6oz less oil than fuel?

Is the adjustable oiler 3 positions? I try and use as little oil as possible, too little ends up with the chain stretching. From what I have if both the tanks run out at the same time (your numbers here) would be for a short bar that has a sprocket nose. I am sure it would depend on what you are cutting and what sort of bar. Hope this helps. The only Echo I have is a 361P and it has an extremely large range of adjustment from hardly any to gone by the time the gasoline goes down 1 and a half inches. The two capacities are closer on mine.

Every Echo saw I have uses up only about half the oil tank per tank of fuel. The bar never smokes or gets hot. On the other hand, my Husky 257 uses all the oil tank per rank of fuel. It sometimes does dry out and beg for more oil before the tank is empty.

My 490 is the only saw I’ve turned the oiler down on, not because I was running out of oil though. It wears a 16 inch so maybe they design them for a 20 inch bar.

ever so slightly less than 1to1 for me.

I want the oiler still doing its job just as the saw runs out of gas not before.

Is the adjustable oiler 3 positions? I try and use as little oil as possible, too little ends up with the chain stretching. From what I have if both the tanks run out at the same time (your numbers here) would be for a short bar that has a sprocket nose. I am sure it would depend on what you are cutting and what sort of bar. Hope this helps. The only Echo I have is a 361P and it has an extremely large range of adjustment from hardly any to gone by the time the gasoline goes down 1 and a half inches. The two capacities are closer on mine.
I'm running an 18in factory echo bar with the nose sprocket. I'm cutting mostly oak and maple.

Back