Echo CS-501P and CS-620PW

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a very nice low hour 620pw. Would that be of interest? 27 inch bar but don’t know what it would cost to ship Let me know if you want pics. In talent Oregon
Thanks for the offer. I have one on order and I think shipping would be pretty rough from that distance.

I went to the Echo dealer today to get some Amsoil Saber. I always look to see what is used. There was an almost totally new Echo 501P for $408 . plus $22 for tax so I took it for $430 total. I think it is a good saw. It has the 3/8 chain too. Fine with me and a 20" bar. I dont think 20" is needed. A month ago a guy traded his Husky 550XP for the Echo501p . He ran a few tanks and wanted his 550Xp back. I dont know why anyone would want to trade the 550 in, I saw it and was all but new.. It was $600 on the used shelf 2 weeks ago, but I decided the last thing I need is 3 Stihls, 1 Echo and 1 Husky.... It cuts decent , has the rounded cutters but makes big chips anyway. Only thing I dont like is the bar is made in China.

I have the 501P and 620PW combo. I think it's a great combo. I use the 501 for most of my cuts, but when I have a bigger tree I really want to rip through, the 620 just eats. My 501 has a 20" bar, and is maybe a little bigger than I'd like for a limbing saw (my old WalMart Poulan Pro was my go-to limbing saw!), but it's comfy enough to do the job.

Back