Echo CS-590 MM

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I wouldn't use red though. I only use red when I don't plan on ever taking something apart. I'd use blue. But in this case I think I'll use anti seize so the bolts can easily come out. I'll keep an eye on them to see if they stay tight
Now I just need to find someone with a dremel or pneumatic cut off tool and I can get it back together and tuned

Red comes apart easy when you want it too heat it up or run the saw for a bit if it is exhaust bolts. Another trick is to give the bolt or screw a good smack and it will shatter the red and come out with ease

Got my muffler mod finally done today. I didn't go too much. Just removed inside part of deflector plate and drilled 4x 1/4" holes around tube underneath the deflector. Not sure it made much difference besides it's a bit louder. Also tuned my saw for the first time. I'm now at about 1 1/2 turns out on both high and low screws. The manual recommended 1 7/8 out for low was too rich. Accelerated well but lots of smoke out the muffler. On the high it's just cleaning up in the cut. I've only got three tanks though it so far so I'm sure I'll lean it out after a few more tanks.

Hey guys been thinking about my set up. Anyone here have experience pulling a 25" chain on the Echo CS 590 or should I stick to the 20"? Want to get a little more input before I'm unable to return and exchange purchase. Worried that's it's going to be under powered for the bar size.

Hi a bit late to join in the fray, but I have been MILLING with my CS-590 with a 28" bar and full skip chain on it. I like it milling better than with the 20" bar with normal chain on it. It pulls out the streams of wood chips better. I was wondering the same thing, could it handle a 28" bar well. Well it does just fine, great even with full skip. I have not tried it with normal chain for 28" size. And mine is NOT modded in any way yet. Just stock. - Paul

Latest posts

Back