Echo CS-590 timberwolf vs. Echo CS-600P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You must have been a bad boy in 1978 to be golden gloves in 1978 at only 13 years old.

and this...

...i had 26 fights,weight 160ibs, benched press 385-squated 545,dead lift 510lbs...

a 160lb'er pressing 385 and still presumably still just in his teens.

John, I'm sure you're a hard-working guy who knows way more about bulldozers and excavators than most, and more than me for sure. I'm glad you're a member and I hope your get yourself a 562 soon. They are a great saw (with a small percentage having carb problems). If I needed a new 60cc saw, it would be the one I would buy.

i ran the husky 455 rancher today that i bought yesterday cut 13-18 in locust, im not crazy about the choke-on off switch, little complacated and a little chinsy i better read owner manual or look at videos, i wish it had on-off switch with sepret choke,it runs good just a little faster than 450e, but nice and light,the 450 dosnt seem to get much chain oil, the 455 likes the chain oil, little concern about the 450,it seems like they may run a little hot on bar,

i dropped 6 maple and i 22inch ash for a guy today that 590 ran like a rocket, the home owner had a 460 husky,i let him try iw echo and he couldnt belive the difference, altlought im sure i charpen a lot bettor than him, but made short order of the 7 trees, made great fire wood,

I HAVE A FE CS 40 [[DONT USE MUCH BUT GREAT LITTLE SAWS] BUT THE 590 IS the best saw for 400 bucks you can buy im telling you next year word gets out orerders double, and price will be 500

Where? Or who? Could I look to for some used parts for a cs-590 starter,bar cover.

echo dealer, there are a few in my area upstate ny,i dont know if it helps you or not' i bidding 3 excavating jobs if i get 1 or 2 maybe 3 im buying another 590 echo, i looked at the johnsred on line they are pro loger saw 2260 -2255 but every body tells me they are a husky whats the difference, besides for the money ill go with 5 year warrenty echo, but would add johnsred to my collection if they are worth more than husk 455-460

Where? Or who? Could I look to for some used parts for a cs-590 starter,bar cover.

That's a fairly new model, proly not too many used ones out there to scavenge parts from. Maybe off an older 600P? Check the IPLs and see if the part numbers match.

And do you mean the actual guide bar scabbard, or the clutch cover? Home despot should have replacement scabbards.

You must have been a bad boy in 1978 to be golden gloves in 1978 at only 13 years old.
has started at 13 to 18,years old my uncle bruce damphier faught for light weight title of world against max roush west coloign germany he brroke my uncle colloer bone a nd uncle took him 12 rounds lost by desision,military champ.golden golves champ,fought in maddison garden , retiered and spawed for jersy joe wilcock, bobby stewert trained me 1 year than kenny house amsterdam ny, look it up all true,

That's a fairly new model, proly not too many used ones out there to scavenge parts from. Maybe off an older 600P? Check the IPLs and see if the part numbers match.

And do you mean the actual guide bar scabbard, or the clutch cover? Home despot should have replacement scabbards.
Clutch cover.

Ran my 590 this passed weekend and I was quite impressed with how it ran, plenty of power with a simple MM. I didn't have another 60cc saw to run it against, but it felt every bit as strong as my MS362, if not stronger with the mm. Quality is quite good, but the thing I like best is the simplicity of the overall design, it's extremely easy to work on. Why Stihl and Husky started making saws with integrated on off choke controls I'll never know.The only downside is the weight, feels more like a 70cc saw. IMHO it's the best value firewood saw out there right now.

I honestly don't see any real reason for a firewood cutter to choose a 60cc Stihl or Husky over the Echo, well support may be a factor for some.

Made a quick video of her first run.

to ANDDYSHINE77''; thats what i been trying to tell people i think they laugh at me its veeeeery smmmmoth isnt it, it is an all oround awasome saw, i made a mastake of compaaring it to power if my old 044 and one guy called me crazey, i did say it was apples to pizza because i have a nery long bar on the 044, but untill you run that 590 echo you just dont understand how substantial and fast it cuts,oh well im glad you love yours,i think they willrais price in a few months, did you get 18 or 20inch bar? john

Latest posts

Back