Echo CS-590 timberwolf vs. Echo CS-600P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I glad you like your new saw, and I know echo has made good stuff for years. But I think that is about enough from the super duper steel cutting tree slaying, granite eating, chain breaking 590. I would love to run my 044 against a 590 or 600 with a 25 in bar both burred in something hard.

That's two different class saws there isn't it? 60 and a 70? And how much was the 044 brand new?

I have only run in the same ballpark there a 55 rancher and a 600p, no contest the 600p was stronger/faster better built. Haven't run any modern ranchers or farmboss saws so can't say how it compares.

For 4 bills brand new the 590 echo is a decent deal I would think. That's the models the 590 is competing with price point money vs performance, ranchers and farmbosses.

Im not the one said it would cut close to a 044. As for the rancher its not the same class saw.

Its a pro saw marketed in that class, because it cant compete with husky and stihl 60cc pro saw's

It doesn't matter that they cost more, as there better saws, Im not down on echo, I had a echo trimmer for many years. If I had a echo dealer close by I would proy have a 590 or 600 saw. But their you have it, no dealer, no support, when it breaks where do you take it to get warranty. Also does any one know for sure where their made, I know the engine is Japan, what about the rest. It's cheaper for a reason, husky and stihl Have a large dealer network. These things cost money, also they make superior saws. Like I said im not down on echo, I think its a good buy, but when clams of a 590 cutting with a 044, I said something, maybe I should have kept my pie hoe shut. But people new looking to buy their first saw, they come to places like this to get accurate info.

I'm sure you didn't- your account must have been hijacked.

BTW, I've never hit against a major league pitcher, but I'm pretty sure I would get smoked even though I was a pretty good ball player in my years.

Meth...

It's what's for dinner...

With Echo Dolmar or Efco your aren't paying for the Stihl or Husky name. Echo parts can be bought online at reasonable prices or at dealers which there are a lot of, maybe not 2 on every block like Stihl but where I live maybe 15 within 50 miles with the closest 14 miles away and I live out in the country. Certainly a 590 wont cut with a 044 but I'd bet you'd be surprised how close it would be , there are quite a few vids on here where Echo saws cut real good cc for cc against Stihl and Huskys best.. Steve

It doesn't matter that they cost more, as there better saws, Im not down on echo, I had a echo trimmer for many years. If I had a echo dealer close by I would proy have a 590 or 600 saw. But their you have it, no dealer, no support, when it breaks where do you take it to get warranty. Also does any one know for sure where their made, I know the engine is Japan, what about the rest. It's cheaper for a reason, husky and stihl Have a large dealer network. These things cost money, also they make superior saws. Like I said im not down on echo, I think its a good buy, but when clams of a 590 cutting with a 044, I said something, maybe I should have kept my pie hoe shut. But people new looking to buy their first saw, they come to places like this to get accurate info.

I never claimed they would outcut an 044, but I would say a 600p will hang with a rancher or farmboss.

As to service and dealers, old argument around here. My local jawohl fatherland dealer is *pitiful*, so much so any schteel I have is always up for swap. I have no interest in putting hours on one. I run them enough to know they work, that's it. I don't dislike them, just they aren't practical to me in case I need a cheap small part fast. They stock bupkis and near two month wait for parts, as in ta heck with that noise. Is that saying their saws suck? Nope, just saying good and bad dealers are all over intermixed, or too many dealers local, or not enough dealers, etc. Random crapshoot on geographical area with dealers, any brand, good or bad. I could proly go any direction 50 miles and it would be different, but I don't live there.....I know you can buy any echo part online, that's a plus in their favor.

To me, one, you need to be your own service tech and also be aware of how and where to get parts online, besides any local dealer action. Second, it's all about "cut for buck", and personal taste in style and handling, etc. And like most guys here any warranty I might be qualified for would be moot, as the saw would get modded, if/when I got a brand new one, any make.

I have never brand bashed around here and ain't gonna start, because any argument you can make against a,b or c you or someone can make the same argument about x,y or z.

i can run my 044 inthe same stuff, i just looked at the husky 562, and bought oil the guy gave me a husky xp hat 17 dollors that was nice of him, i would like to hear more about the 562,are they worth as much as a 372,there is only about 100 difference in my area, who is running them i would like to hear from you,oh is anyone running the pre mix cans of ethenol free gas with oil mixed, i see they sell for 7,99, i can but ethenol free in amsterdam, 4;15 per gallon, thats what i use, but the cans look nice to use, dont take up a lot of room,

My 600 was outcutting a ms310 today.I actually built and muffler modded the 310 back last spring.both are equally muffler modded and are wearing 3/8 20" bars.mine with 70 link the stihl has 72 link.both had new stihl chains straight out of the box.
Also checked compression on the echo today.its pushing 165 psi.going to check the squish later this week and see if I can pull the base gasket.;)

My 600 was outcutting a ms310 today.I actually built and muffler modded the 310 back last spring.both are equally muffler modded and are wearing 3/8 20" bars.mine with 70 link the stihl has 72 link.both had new stihl chains straight out of the box.
Also checked compression on the echo today.its pushing 165 psi.going to check the squish later this week and see if I can pull the base gasket.;)
Should be plenty of room there... Was on mine...

I can attest to my little echo rock solid reliable yeah yeah it is smaller but i like it tons better than my cousins 435. I have only got 7 tanks burned so far but all i done to it was pulled the limiters and tuned it a little fat so it 4 strokes out of the cut and touched up the rakers a little. The saw only gets echo red armor and premium ethanol free 90.
The I-30 starter is easy on my hands the adjustable oiler is a wonderful option i can't say enough about it because it is great little saw. I don't own a 590 or a 600p but rest assured i know it is a great saw and who cares if it can't outrun a 044 or 562 xp.

i dont know why theses guys like to argue,i have 4 cs 400 and your right they start great, i have an old 044 and love it,but my shoulders are shot,[ex boxer gplden gloves 1978-1882] body builder 1979-1984, and just abuse my body,i had 26 fights,weight 160ibs, benched press 385-squated 545,dead lift 510lbs, now im paying for it,i have fibromyagia,rumathoted authritist, 2strokes,never smoked, havent drank 11 years] so i like guns and chainsaws that are light and little vibration,i started in family logging buissnes 1n 1974,my hands are sow bad they lock half closed when i wake up, any how i never said the 590 is as fast as my 044 i said i would like to sompair them but my o44 has 27inch bar,i have always been stihl lyal,now im sticking with husky and echo,and ill buy a second echo 590,people can run what they want,what ever your happy with,i dont think were here to bust people ass, to each their own, i run harley davidson, but if ride a kawasaki or honda god bless ya im not going to tell you you dont know what your talking about,im just trying to find out how good the 562xp is, is it worth all that money,i have 4 dozers 2 excavators 1 rubber tire back hoe,2 skid steer,i think 9-10 chainsaws,i still liike people opinon before i buy,the 562 is almost as much as 372, and my old 272,is loud and 23 years old,[maybe 25 years old] i like the idea of the nice lght desine on the 562,just want people that run them opinion, thank you are they worth that much money?

i dont know why theses guys like to argue,i have 4 cs 400 and your right they start great, i have an old 044 and love it,but my shoulders are shot,[ex boxer gplden gloves 1978-1882] body builder 1979-1984, and just abuse my body,i had 26 fights,weight 160ibs, benched press 385-squated 545,dead lift 510lbs, now im paying for it,i have fibromyagia,rumathoted authritist, 2strokes,never smoked, havent drank 11 years] so i like guns and chainsaws that are light and little vibration,i started in family logging buissnes 1n 1974,my hands are sow bad they lock half closed when i wake up, any how i never said the 590 is as fast as my 044 i said i would like to sompair them but my o44 has 27inch bar,i have always been stihl lyal,now im sticking with husky and echo,and ill buy a second echo 590,people can run what they want,what ever your happy with,i dont think were here to bust people ass, to each their own, i run harley davidson, but if ride a kawasaki or honda god bless ya im not going to tell you you dont know what your talking about,im just trying to find out how good the 562xp is, is it worth all that money,i have 4 dozers 2 excavators 1 rubber tire back hoe,2 skid steer,i think 9-10 chainsaws,i still liike people opinon before i buy,the 562 is almost as much as 372, and my old 272,is loud and 23 years old,[maybe 25 years old] i like the idea of the nice lght desine on the 562,just want people that run them opinion, thank you are they worth that much money?
I run a 562...
Yes... It's worth every penny...
Best performing, slickest handling, 60 cc saw out there..

Back