Echo CS-590 timberwolf vs. Echo CS-600P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd asked this before, but is this a strato engine?

Honestly, I'll be MORE surprised if it does keep up, stock vs stock.
Does outcut a 460 Rancher stock though.
Like I said, between, not equal to a 562..

Don't forget there's different versions of the 600P out there now. Models 2012 and newer have more power than the earlier 600p's

wanted to add, that the saw sips fuel, it still had fuel left when i was done with all my cutting.................:msp_biggrin:

Are you running the as shipped stock carb tune, or has it been dealer massaged, perhaps wink wink beyond certain normal physical barriers on the screws? Also, how does the plug look after one day use?

Are you running the as shipped stock carb tune, or has it been dealer massaged, perhaps wink wink beyond certain normal physical barriers on the screws? Also, how does the plug look after one day use?

i made no adjustments to the carb at all, i did seam a bit lean on the top end, but still very close, haven't pulled the plug yet to look at it, i'll check it later today............:msp_wink:

well, fresh out of the woods, i'll only compare the 590 to my 600p, and i must say it runs just as well, not sure if the part number change on the p/c is for different port changes, because it really does run excellent, only issue i saw was less oil than i would like to see on the chain, otherwise without any mods, and only stock, it's an awesome saw for what they will be selling for, a few pics...................:rock:................View attachment 289519View attachment 289521View attachment 289522View attachment 289523View attachment 289524

Hi-
I ran a 600P about a year ago, that one also was light on the bar oil, very much like my ms440, I think Echo designed it like that.

i made no adjustments to the carb at all, i did seam a bit lean on the top end, but still very close, haven't pulled the plug yet to look at it, i'll check it later today............:msp_wink:

Yes, thanks for checking. Mine toasted from the factory too lean settings and me pushing it too hard in that condition. I know a lot more about saws now for that not to happen. Limiters, out! Ha!

Howdy;

Can anyone explain these two models as far as the price difference and any performance differences?

cs-590
cc: 59.8
price: $450-460

cs-600P
cc:59.8
price: $560-590 ??
why is this one so much more? It look very much like the cs-590 size wise.

It looks to me like they are trying to compete against their own stolen 600's that sell on eBay for about $400 (or a bit more). Some of these eBay saws are the older model with the plastic handlebars, which look like a direct match. As they say, "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em".

Of course this will only work until stolen 590's start showing up on eBay for $300. :msp_w00t:

Doug

Hi-
I ran a 600P about a year ago, that one also was light on the bar oil, very much like my ms440, I think Echo designed it like that.

after cleaning the saw back up this morning, the oiler was set only at half flow, opened it up to the most flow and it oils very well now, i'm still very impressed by the 590, and it would make a great firewood saw for the general user...............:msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back