Echo CS-590 timberwolf vs. Echo CS-600P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are both cutting the same wood a real close to the same speed, take off you orange and white glasses. The extra length on the bar doesn't matter that much UNLESS it's buried in a big log. I'll repeat they are both cutting the same wood. Steve

My bar was buried in that trunk - you didn't mention anything about that. ;)

I already told you I own an Echo chainsaw, and I have used them professionally in the past. I LIKE them(modded) - even if some of them are Shindaiwas. I have no bias. Zero. It either works, or it doesn't. I do not care at all about the brand. I have an MS361 because it works. It replaced my 372XP. I own or have owned all brands, including Macs and Homelites, etc.

However - the extra length always matters, and you know that. If you have to oil more bar, pull more chain weight, and have more resistance, you WILL be using more power. You can't ignore physics. If you compare two saws - keep it simple. Otherwise, there's no real use getting so excited. Lets try to keep some perspective - Echo does not have some sort of magic answer to 60cc saws. You will be hard-pressed to convince those of us with real chainsaw experience it can somehow compete with any modern well-ported chainsaw in the same class with the same set up.

Hell, I think my lil ported CS520 could give that 600P a very hard time:

Got my 600 back from Mweba friday. run it some at the iowa charity cut on saturday,big difference!
need to run more and break it in,it seems to get rite up in rpms and lots of torque.
when tunein this saw u will need a tach,correct,cause bumpin the coil limit and 4 strokin sound same?

can u get a unlimited coil for these?

gotta run it more to see how well i like it ,so far so good!:chainsaw::chainsaw::clap:

Got my 600 back from Mweba friday. run it some at the iowa charity cut on saturday,big difference!
need to run more and break it in,it seems to get rite up in rpms and lots of torque.
when tunein this saw u will need a tach,correct,cause bumpin the coil limit and 4 strokin sound same?

can u get a unlimited coil for these?

gotta run it more to see how well i like it ,so far so good!:chainsaw::chainsaw::clap:
Try the cs620 coil

do know this works Jughead,dont want to get one and not have it work.
Somebody got one to try?

Same flywheel.port timing on the cylinders is probably the only thing difference.one coil is limited and the other unlimited.kind of the difference between pro and non pro models on huskys.same saws just a little difference.

I actually have been wanting to get some 620 parts for comparison but a whole saw would be cheaper than the cylinder,carb and coil.price on the unlimited coil is around $85+

I'm tempted to pick up a Cs-590 at a good sale price.
Does anyone know if the chain sprocket is the same as either of the ones on my echo cs-520 or cs-670? I'm hoping I can use my bar/chains from either one of those saws on the 590.

I'm tempted to pick up a Cs-590 at a good sale price.
Does anyone know if the chain sprocket is the same as either of the ones on my echo cs-520 or cs-670? I'm hoping I can use my bar/chains from either one of those saws on the 590.
Not sure if the 520 is 3\8 or .325.the 670 should definitely be 3\8.

I removed .027 from cylinder base, .021 from squish band, widened exhaust and intake, lowered intake and raised exhaust. Transfer height was unchanged, but also widened. Finished numbers:
Ex: 104/152
In: 95/170 or 85° from tdc
Tr. 128/104
Blow down:24°

Latest posts

Back