Echo CS-590 timberwolf vs. Echo CS-600P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's about the same weight as a 372. I'd probably compare it to a 6400 power wise.

You can compare them but the 6400 is a way better saw. More power, way smoother and better quality built. That series of echo saws are a damn good value but not 6400 comparable imo.

620 it's a pretty interesting saw. They really are wanting to move the full wrap version. I'm working on getting power ratings from my distributor

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I had a nice conversation with the echo rep when he was in our local shop a few months ago. One of the things I asked him about is why Echo doesn't publish there HP ratings and he told me they dont test HP because there is to many "variables" when testing and its just a number.
I also asked him about the 590 advertising it makes 4hp and he said that spec was to compare the timberwolf to the Stihl and Husky farm and ranch saws.

I haven't ran a 590 or 600 yet but judging by the build and the reviews i would take that over ANY Stihl or Husky farm saw.
I would be curious to know how different the cylinders are between the 2 because my dealer has them marked down to $399 with no sales tax.o_O

You can compare them but the 6400 is a way better saw. More power, way smoother and better quality built. That series of echo saws are a damn good value but not 6400 comparable imo.

I didn't mean that it had more power I just was saying that that's the type of saw it compares to.

I had a nice conversation with the echo rep when he was in our local shop a few months ago. One of the things I asked him about is why Echo doesn't publish there HP ratings and he told me they dont test HP because there is to many "variables" when testing and its just a number.
I also asked him about the 590 advertising it makes 4hp and he said that spec was to compare the timberwolf to the Stihl and Husky farm and ranch saws.

I haven't ran a 590 or 600 yet but judging by the build and the reviews i would take that over ANY Stihl or Husky farm saw.
I would be curious to know how different the cylinders are between the 2 because my dealer has them marked down to $399 with no sales tax.o_O

The 590 is priced at 399 with a 20 msrp

We ordered 3 or 4 of the 590s at the shop I work at. Most of them got sold at cost just to move them. After a side by side comparison to our full dolmar line even though there a good saw for the money we had a hard time selling them.

It's about the same weight as a 372. I'd probably compare it to a 6400 power wise.

Well, the power specs for the Echo 620 are quite a bit lower than for the 6400, .3 hp. The 560xp/562xp/2260 is on par with the 6400 specs, and the MS362 is inbetween.

We ordered 3 or 4 of the 590s at the shop I work at. Most of them got sold at cost just to move them. After a side by side comparison to our full dolmar line even though there a good saw for the money we had a hard time selling them.

Dolmar is great quality and priced very well. I don't see the 590 flourishing next to dolmar products but next to Stihl and Husqvarna they would be hard to pass up for the local firewood hack.

I think im in the twilight zone, im sure the echo is a great saw. They have been making good saws and power equipment for a long time. But in stock form on their comparison shows the stihl and 590 very close in power, with the 590 with almost 5cc bigger engine. And .7 tenth of a pound heaver. If a dealer was close to me I may have one.

http://www.echo-usa.com/getattachment/90d6a91c-df0b-410c-b029-52b0a7e4b831/CS-590 Timber Wolf.pdf

Well, the power specs for the Echo 620 are quite a bit lower than for the 6400, .3 hp. The 560xp/562xp/2260 is on par with the 6400 specs, and the MS362 is inbetween.

Well if you could point me in the direction of the Echo power specs it'd be appreciated. They might help me with my spring order.

Very understandable - who really want to buy an Echo saw when there are options?

If you do pull the trigger buy it from a real dealer that will tune it for you. The ones I set up were set way lean. In some cases the limiters need pulled to make enough room for adjustment. And grease the air filter seam.

If you do pull the trigger buy it from a real dealer that will tune it for you. The ones I set up were set way lean. In some cases the limiters need pulled to make enough room for adjustment. And grease the air filter seam.

Good dealer can get a guy in a quality product at very good price. A great dealer can set it up and keep you using that product for a very long time.

The 590 is priced at 399 with a 20 msrp
Good to know, my dealer must have those marked up a bit before he came down to 399.

I think im in the twilight zone, im sure the echo is a great saw. They have been making good saws and power equipment for a long time. But in stock form on their comparison shows the stihl and 590 very close in power, with the 590 with almost 5cc bigger engine. And .7 tenth of a pound heaver. If a dealer was close to me I may have one.
I was basically looking at that from a bang for your buck outlook. The build quality of the echo... more longevity and it has .2 more hp. In that class of a saw more than likely the person behind it is not going to notice .7 of a pound.
But whatever a person is happy with is all that matters.

Good to know, my dealer must have those marked up a bit before he came down to 399.

I was basically looking at that from a bang for your buck outlook. The build quality of the echo... more longevity and it has .2 more hp. In that class of a saw more than likely the person behind it is not going to notice .7 of a pound.
But whatever a person is happy with is all that matters.

Our distributor has a recommended MSRP but a few places pull the "on sale" trick. By seeing the on sale sign you'd never know you're paying full price. It keeps people from trying to talk your price down. We don't make a killing on saws and the lower the model the less profit is made.

Latest posts

Back