Echo CS-800P Gone.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah i have a gray 8000 but i had been looking for a good deal on a 800p to see if they were lighter (and just to have). But the 7310 i have herd is a good saw.

I was also sad to see this saw go. They don’t get a lot of love, but good luck finding one now that they’re gone. I have a 680 that I absolutely love. It is my main workhorse and just gives me the impression of ultimate durability and build quality. I’d feel the same way about the 800 if it had the air filtration of the 680.

I have a old orange and black 8000, it is an early one, and it has terrible air filtration, no matter what I do it gets lots of fines through the filter and from the rubber sealing around the edge of the filter. I use it on a small mill with a 36” bar, and it is only muffler modded. It runs well for an old saw. It has been reliable so far, (had about 25 tanks through it since I rebuilt it) but time will tell.

Yeah, I just can’t figure out why on earth it has the air box that it does. Terrible design. If it had the automotive style some of the other Echo’s had, I’d have one in the woods for sure.

Evolution, the CS-7310 is just a better saw in every single area. I'd rather cut with a CS-620PW than a CS-8000 or 800. Had one of each and an early CS-6700, and two CS-670's. I sent ALL of them on down the road and they are not missed. Nothing wrong with any of them, but for sure the CS-8000 and later variants aren't that great. They oil the bar all the time, heavy, lackluster upper mid-range and top end power (decent grunt), lack the excellent spin on air filter deal, and prying out a rubber plug to make carb settings just doesn't cut it.

I found out with both the CS-6700, CS-670's, and CS-800 that when you started leaning them up with the "H" speed screw to get RPM's and top end power they stalled against the clutch too easy for my liking. So I left them a tad rich and just grunted along in the cuts. None were hateful but if you owned a Husqvarna 268XP, 272XP or 372XP you'd never reach for any of those Echo saws.....IMHO

I spent some time with a new CS-7310 recently, aside from being a royal PITA to get the limiters off the carburetor adjustment screws it is an EXCELLENT saw in every respect. It went to my brother after I got it set-up and adjusted. He said that after the first couple of tanks of fuel and a slight re-adjustment on the "H" speed screw it's a pretty impressive saw. Not quite the chain speed of his early 372XP but he said they are pretty close in performance and that the CS-7310 is a "keeper"........

Evolution, the CS-7310 is just a better saw in every single area. I'd rather cut with a CS-620PW than a CS-8000 or 800. Had one of each and an early CS-6700, and two CS-670's. I sent ALL of them on down the road and they are not missed. Nothing wrong with any of them, but for sure the CS-8000 and later variants aren't that great. They oil the bar all the time, heavy, lackluster upper mid-range and top end power (decent grunt), lack the excellent spin on air filter deal, and prying out a rubber plug to make carb settings just doesn't cut it.

I found out with both the CS-6700, CS-670's, and CS-800 that when you started leaning them up with the "H" speed screw to get RPM's and top end power they stalled against the clutch too easy for my liking. So I left them a tad rich and just grunted along in the cuts. None were hateful but if you owned a Husqvarna 268XP, 272XP or 372XP you'd never reach for any of those Echo saws.....IMHO

I spent some time with a new CS-7310 recently, aside from being a royal PITA to get the limiters off the carburetor adjustment screws it is an EXCELLENT saw in every respect. It went to my brother after I got it set-up and adjusted. He said that after the first couple of tanks of fuel and a slight re-adjustment on the "H" speed screw it's a pretty impressive saw. Not quite the chain speed of his early 372XP but he said they are pretty close in performance and that the CS-7310 is a "keeper"........
I’m actually really glad Echo is making the 7310. I think it will prove to be a solid option in the lines of what they’ve done with their 59cc saws. I really like Echo quality, and I’ve got a 680 that I’m quite fond of. I definitely would have purchased the 7310 but I just decided to make an emergency purchase of a Husky 395 before they get in high demand before being discontinued here. That 395 has paid for itself 2 times over in the last month. I figure I’ve got time with the 7310. It’ll be around for a while. I know it’s trivial but I just think they are ugly with the black flywheel cover. Lol

Back