Echo CS400 to replace redmax GZ380 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschroeder

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I do a little bit of tree work on the side, been looking to replace my red max with something of similar size with a little more power and stumbled across the echo CS 400. I have an echo dealer close by and had good luck with other echo stuff. Thinking I’d run a 16” bar on it to use the chains I already have from the redmax (both are a 57 driver)

My other saws are a cs355t and shindawia 488, just trying to find something small/lightweight to replace the redmax

Any thoughts/input?

I have a CS352, and I love that little saw. I grab it more than I do any other saw. Mostly because it weighs about the same as pruning sheers. I gutted the muffler, and run a 14" narrow kerf bar/chain, and that little thing screams through the small stuff. I'm sure a little more power would only add to the fun.

I got my girlfriend's son a 400 for Christmas and he loves it. I really like the reliability of all my Echo equipment. From my understanding, a muffler mod and re-tune really wakes the 400 up.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

I got my girlfriend's son a 400 for Christmas and he loves it. I really like the reliability of all my Echo equipment. From my understanding, a muffler mod and re-tune really wakes the 400 up.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
Do those 2 mods and it’s a whole new saw. If I could only keep one of my saws it would be the the 400. First 2 years I burned wood all I owned was the 400. Took time but it did the job. Fantastic saw for $300 or less.

Been very happy with my CS400 as well. Had it about 4 years now. Haven’t had any problems with it, very reliable like my other Echo’s.

Mine has one year left on the warranty, so next fall I will be pulling the limiters and opening up the muffler.

Latest posts

Back