ECHO Dealers Can't Get Saws or Parts -- Some Real-Life Findings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting.... My local Echo dealer is the local John Deere dealer. He doesn't stock the John Deere saws, though. :dizzy: But he has a full complement of Echo everything, including spare parts and a full service shop.

I sure wouldn't want to be an Echo dealer around here... Home Depot has messed it up completely. Saw an interesting sign on the local Echo dealers counter (friends of mine..) - "no service work until further notice". It's aimed directly at HD. HD sends the warranty work to them... They send them back to HD...

RED-85-Z51 said:
my Buddy who is the Ech odealer here, went to the last Echo Expo and won 1st prize in the saw assembly contest.
They had a line of saw there, all disassembled 100%, and every person had the same tool kit. The saw was a new model, completely unseen prior to the expo.
They had to completely assemble every aspect of the saw, with no instructions, and fire it off.
QUOTE]
I did one of those contest's once. I wasn't first but she ran when i was done. It was on a new CS-602VL...Bob

Bob Wright said:
RED-85-Z51 said:
my Buddy who is the Ech odealer here, went to the last Echo Expo and won 1st prize in the saw assembly contest.
They had a line of saw there, all disassembled 100%, and every person had the same tool kit. The saw was a new model, completely unseen prior to the expo.
They had to completely assemble every aspect of the saw, with no instructions, and fire it off.
QUOTE]
I did one of those contest's once. I wasn't first but she ran when i was done. It was on a new CS-602VL...Bob

I cant wait to become a Dealer and try my hand at one of those contests..Really looking forward to my first Briggs Expo, and my First Echo Expo.

Lakeside53 said:
I sure wouldn't want to be an Echo dealer around here... Home Depot has messed it up completely. Saw an interesting sign on the local Echo dealers counter (friends of mine..) - "no service work until further notice". It's aimed directly at HD. HD sends the warranty work to them... They send them back to HD...

I went into the Depot last sunday and was shocked to see the Echo 330,4400,and 520 saws all in stock and displayed on an endcap. Not much for dealer support if you ask me.

Just Mow said:
I went into the Depot last sunday and was shocked to see the Echo 330,4400,and 520 saws all in stock and displayed on an endcap. Not much for dealer support if you ask me.

If the buyer is lucky, someone from Paint will help them out! If HD was smart, they'd put a Repair center as part of the Tool rental. Interesting they don't rent what they sell!

Lakeside53 said:
If the buyer is lucky, someone from Paint will help them out! If HD was smart, they'd put a Repair center as part of the Tool rental. Interesting they don't rent what they sell!

Or sell what they rent, which I find even more interesting still. Sure, you can get them to order some of their rental stuff, but they certainly don't advertise that fact. Go figure.

yeah, I have only seen Makita in their fleet except for the 260 pole saw from Echo. But I guess that doesnt bother their dealers either.

Lakeside53 said:
Good one Lake! I don't like buying anything there, I would rather go to a lumber yard for wood and a proper chainsaw place for saws. Personal service from experienced people, no slag cause there must be some decent folks at Homo-Depot, but really, no I don't want fries with that.

I had to bite my tongue and walk away recently. A customer asked the HD sales person how to mount the bar and chain. The had the box open on the floor and were both reading the manual, but it wasn't coming to either of them...

I had to bite my tongue and walk away recently. A customer asked the HD sales person how to mount the bar and chain. The had the box open on the floor and were both reading the manual, but it wasn't coming to either of them...

Lakeside53 said:

I wanted to say soemthing to a HD salesman talking up the HONDA push mowers..

I was looking at the line of riding mowers they offered, just to familiarize myself with them, and I overheard an employee tell a guy all sorts of Bogus crap about a Honda mower.

He told him:

1. The engine will last forever
2. There are NO problems with the S/P transmissions
3. The plastic mower deck is bulletproof
4. They were very easy to use.

I have worked on a bunch of those HD hondas..and they are not what they are built up to be. The plastic mower decks break so easily, it is really scary!:jawdrop:

Back