Echo dealers? Cs 8000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomer 87

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Any echo dealers out there? Ive been eyeing the cs8000 some time now. Talk me in or out of one. Bc i really think i NEED one lol. Whats the going rate for one brand new 36" bar.

Around here Echo dealerships do not stock any saw larger than the CS-620 anymore due to very sluggish sales but can order the CS-8002 (same saw as the 8000 but EUII compliant) for you.
Going price is about €1100 including taxes and comes with a 24" bar as standard for the European market.

It's basically a 30+ years old design so anything that can go wrong has either been fixed or the knowledge to do repair it is widely available. Bulletproof saw that will just go on and on but more modern designs from Husqvarna, Makita and Stihl will outperform it everywhere.

I see that on echos website the most current rendition is the echo cs800p idk if there's anything different about it or not.

It's basically a 30+ years old design so anything that can go wrong has either been fixed or the knowledge to do repair it is widely available. Bulletproof saw that will just go on and on but more modern designs from Husqvarna, Makita and Stihl will outperform it everywhere.

Exactly, and you forgot to mention how much heavier they are. If going to use it only to mill that weight may not be as big a issue. If I was getting ready to drop $900 or so on a new saw, it would be the last one on my list to buy.

To each there own though, the Echo is no doubt a good, dependable, well built saw.

I see that on echos website the most current rendition is the echo cs800p idk if there's anything different about it or not.

The 800P and the 8002 use the late production 8000 piston and cylinder. They also use smaller carburetors than 8000's and different coils. To the best of my knowledge none of these larger Echo's use limited coils. The 800P also has a different style muffler than late build 8000's, but like the rest of the saw it's merely a cosmetic difference.

Exactly, and you forgot to mention how much heavier they are. If going to use it only to mill that weight may not be as big a issue. If I was getting ready to drop $900 or so on a new saw, it would be the last one on my list to buy.

Yes, they are heavy but to me the deal breaker is the price. A brand new Dolmar PS7910 can be had for less than a grand and Stihl has dropped MS661C prices. A lot. [And increased those of the MS461. A lot.]

With a modded muff on my CS8000 not much difference in cutting speed between it and my 7900 Dolmar , the Echo can pull a real aggressive chain , doesn't rev as fast but has huge torque , the Dolmar has a finicky high rev power band compared to the Echo. For milling I'd get the Echo, for in the woods I'd run the Dolmar as it's close to 3 # lighter. Steve

The weight doesn't bother me. Idk what they all weigh, but it surely cant be anymore than a 5200, or xl923, or 056. Those are the saws i have to put on a mill. I have a bp655 also but refuse to put it on a mill bc its super nice. Once purchased it would go on a milling frame and stay there. About 90% of my saw are low rpm torque saws, i dont care too much if it will spin 15k, what i want to do is be able to stand one and it say ok boss lets do it, not that brrrp brrrp sound that happens when you crowd stall one.

So another question, which model is better the older cs8000 or the new cs800p? Which would be better for milling?

I wouldn't recommend the CS-8000 unless they have done some Major changes to it. It has a flat filter, not the automotive type, and you have to pry a rubber plug out to access the mixtures screws. Chain oils all the time, not driven by the clutch. I had one briefly and found that the power was just OK, not impressive anyplace like some of the current offerings from Echo.

I also owned two CS-670's and a completely rebuilt/restored a CS-6700. All of them went on Ebay due to lackluster performance. Don't get me wrong, all of them were OK for power, but at that price point I would go another direction......FWIW.....Cliff

Some of the other brands are auto tune or m tronic. As a automotive technician i see so much computer controlled crap today it makes me sick. I rufuse to own a saw that i may have to have "rebooted" or the electronics fixed. I want old school regular adjustable carb, also if im gonna have to spend that kinda money im not buying a used one. If there's another manufacturer that will run a mill that has no electronic controlled carb, that i can buy new then sure, im not married to echo this would actually be my first one that id keep.

The weight doesn't bother me. Idk what they all weigh, but it surely cant be anymore than a 5200, or xl923, or 056. Those are the saws i have to put on a mill. I have a bp655 also but refuse to put it on a mill bc its super nice. Once purchased it would go on a milling frame and stay there. About 90% of my saw are low rpm torque saws, i dont care too much if it will spin 15k, what i want to do is be able to stand one and it say ok boss lets do it, not that brrrp brrrp sound that happens when you crowd stall one.

Your right, according to the Echo website it don't weigh more then your 5200. In fact it shows 16.5 lbs which is exactly what a 5200 weighs which was introduced in 1975 and is a bit larger displacement. So thats not really very impresive that it weighs the same as a 40 year old saw that still has more power then it does. Just sayin.

Besides companys have been known for fudging on specs and weights so who knows exactly what it weighs.

The 800P and the 8002 use the late production 8000 piston and cylinder. They also use smaller carburetors than 8000's and different coils. To the best of my knowledge none of these larger Echo's use limited coils. The 800P also has a different style muffler than late build 8000's, but like the rest of the saw it's merely a cosmetic difference.

Yes, they are heavy but to me the deal breaker is the price. A brand new Dolmar PS7910 can be had for less than a grand and Stihl has dropped MS661C prices. A lot. [And increased those of the MS461. A lot.]

I doubt the muffler was changed only for cosmetics, changing them for better performance dosen't seem to be a trend from any of them now days.

Latest posts

Back